WOW!!! One of the great games that I have ever watched in | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WOW!!! One of the great games that I have ever watched in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down with about 5 min to go, I reluctantly joined a meeting in which I actively participated and was unable to sneak a peek at the game via mobile. When the meeting ended, I was psyched to read the result. Thank you @?$"%%# meeting!

Reaction Score
Da_Aisijimo_Gou said:
Down with about 5 min to go, I reluctantly joined a meeting in which I actively participated and was unable to sneak a peek at the game via mobile. When the meeting ended, I was psyched to read the result. Thank you @?$"%%# meeting!

Thankfully, my conference call w/ China started at 9:30.

Reaction Score
It was a good win and a nice comeback, but greatest ever? Come on. apparently you missed Tate George, or Hamilton's put back against Washington, The 1999 Championship game which came down to th efinal seconds...the Arizona game in 2003 (or maybe 04) that UConn won on an Okafor block of the final shot. And that just names a few.

Reaction Score
Any fans who lost faith during this one haven't been watching closely apparently. If we are down 5 with 40 seconds left I still won't feel it's over, not with this team and not when basketball games in general can swing so crazily.

We may get down but were not out until the clock hits zero, and by the way, we should have had 3.9 seconds on that Shabazz shot, how the hell did they come up with 2.7?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It was a good win and a nice comeback, but greatest ever? Come on. apparently you missed Tate George, or Hamilton's put back against Washington, The 1999 Championship game which came down to th efinal seconds...the Arizona game in 2003 (or maybe 04) that UConn won on an Okafor block of the final shot. And that just names a few.

Duke game in the Final Four with Emeka's second half gets it for me. I still remember Emeka walking up the court, holding the ball extended over his head with one hand after a rebound/foul.

Reaction Score
I don't agree that we played lousy. Yes there were defensive assignments missed. St. Joe's was giving it everything. We can play a bit better, and some of Bazz's shots can go down which we will need to beat Nova. Nolan actually played like he belonged aside from some garbage he threw up there. What about Bazz's brick 3?

Reaction Score
Duke game in the Final Four with Emeka's second half gets it for me. I still remember Emeka walking up the court, holding the ball extended over his head with one hand after a rebound/foul.

Yup- 1999 for me was just pedal to the metal excitement and craziness. It's not that I wouldn't have been crushed if they lost, but I couldn't grasp anything other than the moment

2004 against Duke was an altogether difference species. I almost lost my normal human being card. That exact moment you are talking about with Emeka was so unbelievable and euphoric.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
45 years of following Husky hoops. I am truly at a loss for words. I had lost faith completely during the second half; and I am sincerely embarrassed and apologetic for that. Just when you think you have seen it all...AND the contributions that made the difference came from people that I truly did not expect or anticipate. This was a wonderful game played by two VERY committed, wonderful teams. I sincerely feel badly for St. Joseph's. This is one of those situations where it would be great for both teams to move on. But obviously that's not the way it works. But congratulations anyway to Coach Martelli,Langston Galloway,Halil Kanecevic and all the other St. Joe's players.

GO HUSKIES!!!
MOVIN' ON IS A WONDERFUL THING!!!
555.jpg

500x464

Yeah, it was a terrific, well-played, non-ref-influenced, game. UConn did not play well defensively early on, but once they did, it was really fun to watch.

I never panicked. I sort of saw UConn as the predator stalking its prey. That's not to say I was confident before the OT period...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I thought it would be a surprisingly tough game with a 7 point margin (for no reason other than intuition), but had no idea it would look anything like that. It had to hinge on getting someone to foul out, and that's what made it seem grim for a while. And I join everybody on the planet who would have picked Brimah as fifth of five options for a 3-point possession.

Reaction Score

My daughter never fails to remind me how I turned to her during that Duke in San Antonio and told her we lost when we were down late to them....it taught me to STFU until the game is over....for real....never so glad I was so wrong....

Reaction Score
Note to media: Sorry to mess up the Philly rivalry matchup in round two that nearly all of you thought was a foregone conclusion. It was like we shouldn't even bother showing up to play St. Joe's. Eat it!

Actually the announcers were talking about a BE reunion WELL before the game was decided. I kept yelling "Don't jinx us!". LOL!

Reaction Score
Any fans who lost faith during this one haven't been watching closely apparently. If we are down 5 with 40 seconds left I still won't feel it's over, not with this team and not when basketball games in general can swing so crazily.

We may get down but were not out until the clock hits zero, and by the way, we should have had 3.9 seconds on that Shabazz shot, how the hell did they come up with 2.7?

Exactly. The play clock was 3+ seconds more than the shot clock. If it was a shot clock violation then it should be academic, no?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Actually the announcers were talking about a BE reunion WELL before the game was decided. I kept yelling "Don't jinx us!". LOL!
Exactly what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01