WOW!!! One of the great games that I have ever watched in | The Boneyard

WOW!!! One of the great games that I have ever watched in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
45 years of following Husky hoops. I am truly at a loss for words. I had lost faith completely during the second half; and I am sincerely embarrassed and apologetic for that. Just when you think you have seen it all.............AND the contributions that made the difference came from people that I truly did not expect or anticipate. This was a wonderful game played by two VERY committed, wonderful teams. I sincerely feel badly for St. Joseph's. This is one of those situations where it would be great for both teams to move on. But obviously that's not the way it works. But congratulations anyway to Coach Martelli,Langston Galloway,Halil Kanecevic and all the other St. Joe's players.

GO HUSKIES!!!
MOVIN' ON IS A WONDERFUL THING!!!
555.jpg

500x464

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
45 years of following Husky hoops. I am truly at a loss for words. I had lost faith completely during the second half; and I am sincerely embarrassed and apologetic for that. Just when you think you have seen it all...AND the contributions that made the difference came from people that I truly did not expect or anticipate. This was a wonderful game played by two VERY committed, wonderful teams. I sincerely feel badly for St. Joseph's. This is one of those situations where it would be great for both teams to move on. But obviously that's not the way it works. But congratulations anyway to Coach Martelli,Langston Galloway,Halil Kanecevic and all the other St. Joe's players.

I never quite lost faith, though it did waver at times. I will say, since the third NC, I have been a lot more reserved in my enthusiasm while cheering on UConn. This game definitely brought me back to my loud boisterous self. Hope I don't get evicted.

Reaction Score
Some of you are full of it. I was questioning what the hell am I going to do now with my weekend. I even started feeling bad for Bazz. Can we be honest?

Hell my mood didn't get better until that kid fouled out.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My nuts were in my chest (thank you sr testiculo), but I never lost faith. Guys were hitting too many big shots.

I lost faith when we were down 30 to Louisville, but that's it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Ah, yes, Louisville, the sleeved wonders.

I think Louisville got docked seeding and given a four just because they've decided that basketball jerseys need sleeves for some reason.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I admit to worrying but I hadn't lost faith.

Reaction Score
I had my doubts during the game when they could not miss. I kept telling myself that they will miss eventually when law of average catches up. Thank God for Brimah and the guys stepping up in OT. We pulled one out against a very well coached team.
Survive and advance. That's what this is all about.

Reaction Score
So proud of Connecticut. Me and my girlfriend's father where ecstatic late in the game as we saw Connecticut steal this victory from a very deserving St. Joes. Those guys played hard. They drove Connecticut to the edge and our team responded just like I knew they could. Move on and keep winning. So far, this has been an exciting tournament. Some great games today.

Can't wait to watch this Big East classic. NOVA NEXT!!!!

and no.. I can't deny the fact that at one point it crossed my mind that Connecticut wasn't going to make it. I should've known better

Reaction Score
Some of you are full of it. I was questioning what the hell am I going to do now with my weekend. I even started feeling bad for Bazz. Can we be honest?

Hell my mood didn't get better until that kid fouled out.

This... I am shocked that we pulled this game out as I really think we played pretty badly for most of the game. Giving up layups, poor shot selection, etc. Then all of a sudden guys step up and hit huge shots; we get their guy out of the game, and we hit free throws (although we didn't close the game out so gracefully on D). I'm ecstatic, exhausted, and psyched to take on an old Big East foe. We owe Nova for last year.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My wife, who was riding on cloud nine after Pitt dismantled Colorado for only their 2nd win over a higher seed in her lifetime, kept telling me to man up and shut up. Then, as I was harping on every mistake, she kept pointing out that UConn was playing better in later 2nd half and they'd figure out a way because they're UConn. She was highly complimentary of how Ollie handled the team late, especially on plays after TOs.

When they finally took the lead in OT, she just said, "Feel better now?"

This is why we miss the BE in this household and why I can't hate Pitt.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I never once lost faith, I kept saying two things.

1) Jimmy always played for the 2nd half, maybe Kevin will have the same approach. When he had OC, TO and TS on the floor together early, I became convinced this was his strategy. Especially since St Joe's goes 5.5 deep

2) it's not Bazz time yet

and for someone following our program for 45 years (only , so have I, 1968 Staak, Boyd, Hrubala), that means you've been around since 89/90 too. How can you "lose faith"? Insert the Mutombo finger wag here.

down goes Nova, we're doing a Philly two step baby

Reaction Score
I never once lost faith, I kept saying two things.

1) Jimmy always played for the 2nd half, maybe Kevin will have the same approach. When he had OC, TO and TS on the floor together early, I became convinced this was his strategy. Especially since St Joe's goes 5.5 deep

2) it's not Bazz time yet

and for someone following our program for 45 years (only , so have I, 1968 Staak, Boyd, Hrubala), that means you've been around since 89/90 too. How can you "lose faith"? Insert the Mutombo finger wag here.

down goes Nova, we're doing a Philly two step baby

I don't think anyone lost faith, which is evident by watching the whole game.

Its comparable to looking out the window for UPS to deliver your important package on the delivery date. Its past 5pm package hasn't arrived but you still look out that window. At 6pm still no package and you start to fret but you still look out that window. Then at 6:30 pm low and behold the delivery truck arrives. However during that time you started wondering how you would deal with the package being delivered tomorrow. You also start wondering if maybe FedEx could have gotten it sooner. You even start thinking about options.

Nonetheless you kept the faith but still had your doubts sprinkled with visions of missed expectations.

Not having the faith is to turn your lights out, leave your house, saying fuoc it and them, while cussing UPS out and consequently not being home to sign for the package. Then you look like a fool and a non-believer.

All UConn fans stayed home last night, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone lost faith, which is evident by watching the whole game.

Its comparable to looking out the window for UPS to deliver your important package on the delivery date. Its past 5pm package hasn't arrived but you still look out that window. At 6pm still no package and you start to fret but you still look out that window. Then at 6:30 pm low and behold the delivery truck arrives. However during that time you started wondering how you would deal with the package being delivered tomorrow. You also start wondering if maybe FedEx could have gotten it sooner. You even start thinking about options.

Nonetheless you kept the faith but still had your doubts sprinkled with visions of missed expectations.

Not having the faith is to turn your lights out, leave your house, saying it and them, while cussing UPS out and consequently not being home to sign for the package. Then you look like a fool and a non-believer.

All UConn fans stayed home last night, if that makes sense.

This had me dying.. bc I was waiting on a package from UPS and they didn't show up til after 7. Lmao

Reaction Score
The UPS/ FED EX mojo? We may be onto something here.

Reaction Score
The UPS/ FED EX mojo? We may be onto something here.

Not to mention that I'm in the Central time zone.. so basically I alternated between looking out the window AND wondering when St. Joe's was going to miss a shot (during the first half)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Looks like KO has got a little Calhoun in him. His teams play their best late in games. He willed us to that victory.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't call it a great game, since UConn played like crap. But I will call it a great gut-check win. I feel much better about Villanova after a game like this, than I would if we had lead wire to wire and won more comfortably. The Huskies now know the extra level that is required, and that lazy sloppy defense will not cut it.

Reaction Score
It absolutely was a great game. Low turnovers, great shot-making at critical times by both teams. Not a bunch of fouls called. From this point on, you're not gonna play any bad basketball teams so it's not gonna be pretty all the time. Everybody has scholarship players, and good ones. All that matters is the final score.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Note to media: Sorry to mess up the Philly rivalry matchup in round two that nearly all of you thought was a foregone conclusion. It was like we shouldn't even bother showing up to play St. Joe's. Eat it!

Reaction Score
It was a great game. Props to St. Joes for playing very well despite having almost no bench. If that point forward doesn't foul out, our season might be over. A very good and memorable win with lots of contributors for the Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom