Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I bet they lose to the next unranked foe they face Head bang

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So that means they are seven points better than us, right?
I don't know. Maryland seems to think a 6 point loss to a team with 9 players, any number of them who were sick, at home, was a win. I guess that means if UConn beats NC State by 20 points it's a tie.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The same FSU that some have said should be top 2 or 3?
What silliness that was. Basketball like almost all sports is about match ups. Because a team plays well against your team doesn't mean they'll play well against all teams. Nevertheless I see Baylor is back where it belongs, ahead of the rest. Now let's see if Dawn's team can move up to the #3 where they belong. Hopefully soon Aston's team can start to play better as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wolf.jpg

Is it just a coincidence that ND and FSU's only losses have been to the Huskies and the Wolfpack ? :cool:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
NC State has three losses: one by 17 to 11-3 Kansas State (remember them?) in the Paradise Jam, one by 1 to 11-3 LSU (remember them?) in the Paradise Jam, and one by 5 at 10-4 Tulane. UConn plays Tulane at Gampel on January 22.

So, good team! Outside of the Virgin Islands, that is.:cool:

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think perhaps you have forgotten someone and he looks real hungry. He thinks JS stands for Just (a) Snack:

images

Reaction Score
It is exceptionally rare for a team to jump into the poll at 15 or higher this late in her season, but I'd vote them that high. They blitzed ND and then won AT Tallahassee. Not many teams can do that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what's behind their turnaround? Did an injured or suspended player come back or did a transfer become eligible after the break?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that NC State premiers at #10 in the Coaches' Poll out today. They've earned it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what's behind their turnaround? Did an injured or suspended player come back or did a transfer become eligible after the break?
I can't speak to the roster but I watched both games on replay (ND & FSU). NC State is 100% selling out on defense -UCONN like as far as defensive effort and some very good clutch shooting.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
NC State has a very experienced team: starts four seniors and one junior. Now that ACC play has started, Coach Moore has tightened the rotation and playing minutes, too.

The team is also making better decisions on shot selections, which has been a focus point after the losses. The guards are doing better job of consistently penetrating and creating higher percentage shots, and the inside game has improved. Chelsea Nelson is doing a better job staying out of foul trouble, and when she does sit, Akeila Maize comes off the bench to provide quality minutes. She's a junior, and has improved 200 percent.

NC State did lose one player over the Christmas break to transfer. Maybe that is helping with some of the gelling.

The key: A very experienced team. They were pretty good last year -- were a play or two away from beating FSU, Syracuse, and Louisville last year -- but just didn't close games. They are closing games now.

Reaction Score
NC State has a very experienced team: starts four seniors and one junior. Now that ACC play has started, Coach Moore has tightened the rotation and playing minutes, too.

The team is also making better decisions on shot selections, which has been a focus point after the losses. The guards are doing better job of consistently penetrating and creating higher percentage shots, and the inside game has improved. Chelsea Nelson is doing a better job staying out of foul trouble, and when she does sit, Akeila Maize comes off the bench to provide quality minutes. She's a junior, and has improved 200 percent.

NC State did lose one player over the Christmas break to transfer. Maybe that is helping with some of the gelling.

The key: A very experienced team. They were pretty good last year -- were a play or two away from beating FSU, Syracuse, and Louisville last year -- but just didn't close games. They are closing games now.

Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I knew NC State was experienced but I didn't know quite how experienced until I looked it up. Mathurin and Spencer and Wilson are senior 3-year starters. Williams is a senior 2-year starter. The other starter Nelson is a junior that played ~17mpg in each of her first two seasons.

Reminds me of the year my alma mater (D3 UChicago) started 5 seniors, three of whom were 3-year starters. That team went undefeated in the regular season and earned the coach a job at D1 Bucknell.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Won at FSU by nine.
Damn. I liked FSU in the top 10. Makes that opening-night two-point win in Tallahassee by the Huskies look all the better. NC State beating the Seminoles slightly hurts our SOS. We don't need that victory mathematically, but it has psychological value. A very narrow victory evolved into a win over a top-ten opponent on the road. Now it's lost some of its luster.

They've also beaten fellow vanquished opponent Notre Dame. I'll take that one from a schadenfruede perspective, though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The same FSU that some have said should be top 2 or 3?
Yes it is, and yes I did. I still think no one will be happy to see them in there bracket, except, perhaps, NCSt.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well thats one dog nobody has to worry about making this year's NCAA tournament :cool:
No, but he can make playing in his yard very uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
NC State looks like a program on the rise. Two very impressive wins.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
NC State looks like a program on the rise. Two very impressive wins.
He isn't young or flashy, but when they hired Wes Moore you knew there would be at least moderate success. He was responsible for making Chattanooga a powerhouse in their conference. And was well respected, reportedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom