Wow moments in the championship game. | The Boneyard

Wow moments in the championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We are used to Stewart bringing the 'wow' factor to games, but if I were to pick two from the NC game I would give them both to Moriah -
1. Three pointer at the end of the first quarter - she was guarded moving sideways well behind the arc and made a beautiful tough shot as the quarter ended.

2. Full court drive and spinning lay-up - spectacular.

Others had really nice plays including Stewart, but they were all good basketball plays and not really wowsers.

Reaction Score
You know who those two plays reminded me of? Taurasi. How many threes has Mo hit at the buzzer in her career? I think at least two or three. One other one I can remember was she was falling and still managed to hit the 3. I'm sure there was at least another one or two that I don't recall the specific game situation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sadly I have come to expect it wow moments from the big three so off the beaten path 1) Collier drive to close 3 quarter-BTW she was fouled twice. 2) Gabby snagging the rebound off Moriah's rimmed out 3. I still don't know how that ball didn't stay down, but while everyone else was groaning about the near miss there was Gabby snagging another rebound over another 6'4" girl.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Look the bench reaction.. Lord My Lord

A 65 year span between the two shots. Geno remarked that her 2 pointer was the 82nd and final point for the huskies that evening, but what was more important, it also meant "wings" for the locals.

What a way to end your career. To win your final game, win a championship, and make the "wing" shot that pleased a lot of hungry folks.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
We are used to Stewart bringing the 'wow' factor to games, but if I were to pick two from the NC game I would give them both to Moriah -
1. Three pointer at the end of the first quarter - she was guarded moving sideways well behind the arc and made a beautiful tough shot as the quarter ended.

Others had really nice plays including Stewart, but they were all good basketball plays and not really wowsers.
And they happened right in front of me.
When #2 happened the guy sitting in front of me turned around and looked at me
and I said: "Are you kiddin' me?!?!?!" (High fives)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And the last shot by Briana Pulido.
Love the moment and it was fabulous but not to me a 'wow' moment - just the perfect culmination of a college career spent mostly out of the limelight.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
MoJeff games were a reason to record all Uconn games, especially if you go to one in person. You never know what you'll see, and whenever Mo did something spectacular, you could always catch the replay at home. At the game? They usually don't show an instant replay once.

On another note, should this thread have been entitled "wow MO'ments"? ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I agree, BOTH of those shots were fantastic. Easily the shots of the game. On the shot at the end of the quarter, the defender was in her jersey, but some how she got the shot off. The reverse lay up was at full speed, with a defender baring down on her. I know a lot of teams will be glad to see Mo leave. :rolleyes: BOTH of those shots caused me to come out of my chair. When your team can make shots like THAT, you know its your night. Q knew it was UConn's night too.

Reaction Score
Great video! Hard to pick one moment. I just rewatched the entire Champ game. I love all those girls like they were my own daughter! If there were ever a pinnacle game in WCBB and UConn this would be it.

Reaction Score
I think my Collier "wow" moment came in the semis when she did that reverse layup. In the finals it was Moriah for me - the buzzer beater, and the coast-to-coast layup. Wow - just wow!

Reaction Score
While I kinda expect at least one coast-to-coast from Moriah, this one was exceptional. To elude her defender she went past the basket and threw a reverse, over-the-head shot. Definite WOW!
Hmmmm.... In the off-season (I'm not admitting it is here yet) maybe we could do a thread of favorite moments for our departing players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MoJeff games were a reason to record all Uconn games, especially if you go to one in person. You never know what you'll see, and whenever Mo did something spectacular, you could always catch the replay at home. At the game? They usually don't show an instant replay once.

On another note, should this thread have been entitled "wow MO'ments"? ;)
Moriah provides "must-see" moments almost every game. For the last 3 seasons, she has had a number of steals along the sidelines, complete with behind-the-back passes as she jumps into the stands or on the scoring table. That reverse layup was just sick! At full speed with a difficult angle, a masterful shot that she has perfected. I have no doubt that she has the ability to score 25 ppg, but she chose to be the leader and facilitator of great championship teams. The buzzer-beating shots in the Cuse and Mississippi State games would have made Sue and Dee proud. I can't believe that Mo's UConn career went by so quickly. I look forward to seeing her pro career and likely Olympic career. We'll miss her. But to assuage the pain of losing her, we get her protégée Crystal Dangerfield. Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom