Wow just when you think you've seen it all. . . . . | The Boneyard

Wow just when you think you've seen it all. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid intentionally trips ref. Not sure what how the Association will respond but this is not cool:

Reaction Score
Give me a break. You can obviously tell by his post-foul hand waving that this was unintentional. G-D refs trying to make it all about them...

Reaction Score
He looked up at the ref right before he stuck his leg out. If not for the camera angle he might have been able to argue that it was not intentional, pretty stupid. I wonder how long the suspension will be.

Reaction Score
I figured it would take at least an hour for someone to not sense the obvious sarcasm.... you did it in just over half an hour.
What in that post suggests sarcasm? I mean, seriously? To signal sarcasm on the internet there needs to be something more than just a standard, run of the mill, Boneyard contrarianism. Am I supposed to read your entire oeuvre to know that you wouldn't say this? You don't think someone on the Boneyard would?

There's literally nothing obvious about that sarcasm.

Reaction Score
What in that post suggests sarcasm? I mean, seriously? To signal sarcasm on the internet there needs to be something more than just a standard, run of the mill, Boneyard contrarianism. Am I supposed to read your entire oeuvre to know that you wouldn't say this? You don't think someone on the Boneyard would?

It wasn't obvious by saying that I was using his hand-waving to judge that he didn't do it? Don't double down.

Reaction Score
It wasn't obvious by saying that I was using his hand-waving to judge that he didn't do it? Don't double down.
No. Isn't that exactly what someone who is surprised by a call would be? Wouldn't the obvious "he definitely meant to do it" be that he looked dejected and upset at himself? You don't think people on this board have used a player's reaction to judge their intent?

I would consider myself a good reader. It's more or less what I do with my life. Even knowing that you meant it as sarcasm, I read that post and am confused. The only thing, in retrospect, that leads me to believe it is sarcasm is the ellipses at the end of the line.

I'm not trying to be a pain here; you jumped down my throat--and other's--for not recognizing what doesn't look like sarcasm as sarcasm.

Reaction Score
This is an outstanding thread
even better with the opening comment a picture of a digitized upside down smiley face (today's version of OUT OF ORDER)...
no idea what people are speaking about.

Reaction Score
I figured it would take at least an hour for someone to not sense the obvious sarcasm.... you did it in just over half an hour.
Sarcasm is, to humor, like oil paints are to painting. It is meant to be applied delicately and with fine strokes.
When you a glob on a canvas and then smear it around with your butt cheeks, as you did, you cannot be surprised when it is not immediately recognized as sarcasm.

Reaction Score
On a serious note - lifetime ban for the kid.
If he had done it to another player, I'd say full season suspension. But to a ref? Goodbye and goodluck -go have some jalapeno mac and cheese.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
After reading this thread I am no longer pissed at Reed.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm is, to humor, like oil paints are to painting. It is meant to be applied delicately and with fine strokes.
When you a glob on a canvas and then smear it around with your butt cheeks, as you did, you cannot be surprised when it is not immediately recognized as sarcasm.
Wait so mine wasn't apparent enough that it was sarcasm so I should have made it subtle? I'm guessing that given this flew over so many a head, that would be even worse. I've underestimated this board. We've obviously had too many stupid actual opinions that it's created a no-sarcasm zone. Must have misread that one.

Reaction Score

To me, this: "You can obviously tell by his post-foul hand waving that this was unintentional" is what signaled sarcasm

Sure, you never know when reading if someone is sarcastic, but for a basketball fan to say, "clearly he didn't mean to do it, look at how he waved his arms and complained after he was called", a fellow basketball fan should assume sarcasm, since they should also be aware that just about every time a foul is called, the perpetrator complains.

Reaction Score
On a serious note - lifetime ban for the kid.
If he had done it to another player, I'd say full season suspension. But to a ref? Goodbye and goodluck -go have some jalapeno mac and cheese.
A bit much dont you think? Rest of the season would suffice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After seeing those two Texas kids blindside a ref, I doubt I'll be surprised by anything anymore.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How about the balls on this kid?

Screen-Shot-2016-01-18-at-10.38.50-AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics