WOW!! Down goes Penn State | The Boneyard

WOW!! Down goes Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Credit LSU for defending Lucas. LSU made it a 4 on 4 game and PSU didn't counter.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
B1G didn't show out very well in this year's tourney.

Big 12 teams have been good. ETT's point about the B12 beating each other up and getting dinged (slightly) for it in the seeding seems well taken. (I know this was an SEC team in this game but I was speaking overall)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
SEC has 1/4 of the Sweet 16. Not shabby. No real powerhouses out of the SEC, but a number of solid teams.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO PSU beats LSU if the game is on a neutral court or at PSU. With that said PSU should still have beaten LSU if Maggie Lucas plays anywhere near to how she's played in most games this year.

What this tournament is showing that all conferences are almost equal when it comes to talent. I am surprised that Georgia & LSU are still in the tournament.

Conferences in Sweet 16
B12 4 Teams
SEC 4 Teams
Big East 3 Teams
PAC 12 2 Teams
ACC 2 Teams
Mid Major 1 Team

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Busted my bracket :(

Down goes [PSU]...!

frazier.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The top 3 teams in the country have impressed. Everyone else has looked vulnerable or actually lost.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND has looked good, but not great so far. Last night's game against Iowa was choppy and chippy (Achonwa was T'd up) and not the Irish's best effort other than McBride's shooting.

Reaction Score
All the 1 & 2 seeds are through...all the 3 seeds are gone...4's went 50/50...there may be another plateau before you leave the top ten...Baylor, ND, UConn...chasm...Stanford, Duke, KY, Cal, UTenn...chasm...WCBB...

Reaction Score
PSU was in the top 10 by default, I have seen them 5 times this year, and never saw anything to get excited about.

Reaction Score
PSU was in the top 10 by default, I have seen them 5 times this year, and never saw anything to get excited about.

Maggie is exciting when she's on...not yesterday, apparently...and I understand Bentley didn't hit a shot in the second half...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I had them in the final four :(

Now I need Duke to beat Notre Dame.. or I will be down two...

Now I was thinking I would win the boneyard if my final four picks came through..... but apparently it would have been a battle between the two of us... oh well.. there is always next year :(

Darn you LSU :mad:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maggie is exciting when she's on...not yesterday, apparently...and I understand Bentley didn't hit a shot in the second half...
It was more the rest of the team did next to nothing to help her get free. Next to no picks and screens as they went 4 on 4.

Reaction Score
It was more the rest of the team did next to nothing to help her get free. Next to no pics and screens as they went 4 on 4.

Let's hope we're smart enough not to let that happen to Kaleena...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Let's hope we're smart enough not to let that happen to Kaleena...

Didn't that already happen in the Big East championship game, when KML got (as I recall) 6 shots and 0 threes?

The reality is that a good defensive team can take away one player (well, maybe one player not from Waco) if they are really determined to do so. That's when the rest of the team has to rise to the challenge, which should be easier because of the attention being paid to the one person.

Even on the 2003 and 2004 teams, Diana averaged about 15 points a game, and the other players had to provide the majority of scoring. That is why Stef, Breanna, and Bria have to be ready to contribute offensively. There is actually a lot of similarity between those teams and the current UConn team -- hopefully yielding a similar final result.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now I was thinking I would win the boneyard if my final four picks came through..... but apparently it would have been a battle between the two of us... oh well.. there is always next year :(

Darn you LSU :mad:
Your team was in big trouble last night. They are going to need to play better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Your team was in big trouble last night. They are going to need to play better.

I didnt get to see the game.... kept up with it through the radio and on my phone... I was almost resigned to defeat at halftime, but a co-worker assured me that Duke would get back into the game.

I much prefer the matchup vs Nebraska as opposed to TAMU. And as i told my co-worker... i was rooting for Depaul to take out Oklahoma State. Yes, we will play better sunday.... im positive.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let's give LSU credit.
They were written off early after some bad losses and the knives were out for Nikki.
The team has turned around their season
And Ms. C is adding to her resumé.
Congratulations are in order.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not to be cranky - but I can't see that anyone has recognized that Nebraska is in the B1G and not the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom