Wouldn't ya rather have Bobby V than Warde? | The Boneyard

Wouldn't ya rather have Bobby V than Warde?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nice hire by SHU. He will bring a spark and publicity for the Pioneers. Good for him as well.
I think he would've swam from the Paradise Jam to fight for the ACC spot. Warde was monitoring from a cabana.
As an aside, Joe Zone from ch 3 cheap shotting his (Valentine) hire tonight on 6 pm sports seemed vindictive.

Reaction Score
I thought Bobby V was great with the Mets, but no way would he be a good AD for UCONN, his personality rubs many who work with him the wrong way, he has a self destructive flaw in his character.

Reaction Score
I'd rather room with HFD and 6 others at a bi polar convention where everyone was on a med free weekend then have Bobby V as our AD.

No one looked dumber than him after he ran his mouth constantly about the Yankees before the start of last season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am going to assume that this OP was written avec tongue firmly planted in cheek. FIRMLY.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Au contraire, Dooley. We have a dullard doing zippo who has failed with the 2 biggest hires/non fires........Ollie and Blue. We need a bomb thrower. Maybe HFD is really Bobby V.

Reaction Score
Nice hire by SHU. He will bring a spark and publicity for the Pioneers. Good for him as well.
I think he would've swam from the Paradise Jam to fight for the ACC spot. Warde was monitoring from a cabana.
As an aside, Joe Zone from ch 3 cheap shotting his (Valentine) hire tonight on 6 pm sports seemed vindictive.

Publicity stunt - that's all it is and the President so much has said so. He's hiring a deputy director to do the day-to-day work that is required by the position. He got the buzz he desired...

Reaction Score
Au contraire, Dooley. We have a dullard doing zippo who has failed with the 2 biggest hires/non fires........Ollie and Blue. We need a bomb thrower. Maybe HFD is really Bobby V.

So giving Ollie a 5 year deal was a mistake? Forcing our football coach who just brought in the highest rated recruiting class in the history of our football team to fire his OC and bring in a top up and comer is doing nothing?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am going to assume that this OP was written avec tongue firmly planted in cheek. FIRMLY.
Vous pensez?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

One can only hope...

Last year was the longest year of my life as a Red Sox fan. No thank you.

There is no amount of plus signs or likes that I can give this post. Luckily my son was born no long after the All-Star break. 1st borns apparently have a way of diverting attention from soap opera drama...

Alum86

Reaction Score
So giving Ollie a 5 year deal was a mistake? Forcing our football coach who just brought in the highest rated recruiting class in the history of our football team to fire his OC and bring in a top up and comer is doing nothing?

He had to be shamed into giving Ollie his contract. he fiddled while recruits skeedaddled. Our FB coach is a monumental mistake. He has driven our program into the ground in 2 short years. Take off the rose colored recruitment glasses...Kids ain't buyin' into Blue and Luther. No way.

Reaction Score
He had to be shamed into giving Ollie his contract. he fiddled while recruits skeedaddled. Our FB coach is a monumental mistake. He has driven our program into the ground in 2 short years. Take off the rose colored recruitment glasses...Kids ain't buyin' into Blue and Luther. No way.

He gave Ollie a contract after Ollie proved he was capable and that his program would be able to adhere to academic standards. Ollie had zero experience going into this year. I wanted Ollie to get the job all along but would you really have just handed a 5 year contract to a completely unproven coach because he played at UConn?

PP made a mistake in his hire of GDL in the first place to run this offense. However there was not much talent left on the offensive side for anyone to work with. Our defense was amazing under PP and recruiting has been going up since his arrival. WM made PP fix the area that he made prior mistakes by replacing BDL as the OC.

Alum86

Reaction Score
He gave Ollie a contract after Ollie proved he was capable and that his program would be able to adhere to academic standards. Ollie had zero experience going into this year. I wanted Ollie to get the job all along but would you really have just handed a 5 year contract to a completely unproven coach because he played at UConn?

PP made a mistake in his hire of GDL in the first place to run this offense. However there was not much talent left on the offensive side for anyone to work with. Our defense was amazing under PP and recruiting has been going up since his arrival. WM made PP fix the area that he made prior mistakes by replacing BDL as the OC.

Your father thanks you for your support, Paul Jr. Dad should have canned Uncle George, however, not just let him roam the sidelines in '13 or wherever he'll be outposted.

Reaction Score
Take off the rose colored recruitment glasses...Kids ain't buyin' into Blue and Luther. No way.

Quotes from recent signees and former players say otherwise...

Reaction Score
Quotes from recent signees and former players say otherwise...

How many recruits say bad things about the guys who gave them a scholarship?

You should go back and read all the great things Ron Zook's players used to say.

Reaction Score
How many recruits say bad things about the guys who gave them a scholarship?

You should go back and read all the great things Ron Zook's players used to say.

What's BWW and SIo's (among others) motive to talk up the coach then...? They could just say nothing.

There are players and recruits buying into UConn (not a bad thing) and right now PP is the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom