Wouldn't it be sweeeet ... | The Boneyard

Wouldn't it be sweeeet ...

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
It would be exquisite if the BY could be celebrating NC #12 this April. What an incredible hoot, considering the persistent negativity here and in the media.

All those projecting a failure for the Storrs crew definitely have good reason for their comments. I understand. The odds are against them and I agree a NC is unlikely.

That's why it would be sooooo delicious if they pull it off. It's why the game is played.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this Uconn team's attempt. Good luck to them. But I won't be crushed if they fall short because, indeed, fate is clearly against them. With only three experienced starters and a very short, undependable bench, they can't afford to lose anybody to foul trouble, injury or sickness. They can't have anyone to simply have a bad game. Plainly, the BB god would have to shower them with good luck to overcome this deficiency.

But it could happen.

Combine that with the Huskies playing their best defense, avoiding being felled by fatigue and shooting up to their capabilities and a win is almost assured. I look forward to a joyful April.

It's unlikely, I know. Still, being optimistic costs nothing. I'm sure other programs, with lesser potential, are optimistic as they look ahead to the postseason.

It would be wonderful to shock the basketall world. Yeehaw!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the elite 8 is the absolute ceiling for this team, and we could lose in the sweet 16 as we've not shown an ability to beat ANY top 16 team the entire season. It's not that I'm down on the team - they had the deck stacked against them with a quartet of AA's on the bench in street clothes (along with one terrific foreign player).

But our best win of the season was against L'ville, who is percolating just inside the top 25. Or maybe Creighton who is just outside the top 20. I know Geno sometimes says things to the media to motivate the team, etc., but he's spot on when he said we'd have to get really really lucky to go far in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
If I’m not going to hope for the best, why would I want to watch?
Being aware of the uphill climb facing the Huskies in the Big Dance doesn’t mean that all is lost.
Let’s sharpen up our game in the BE tourney and let’s see what rabbits can be pulled out of the hat

Reaction Score
It would be exquisite if the BY could be celebrating NC #12 this April. What an incredible hoot, considering the persistent negativity here and in the media.

All those projecting a failure for the Storrs crew definitely have good reason for their comments. I understand. The odds are against them and I agree a NC is unlikely.

That's why it would be sooooo delicious if they pull it off. It's why the game is played.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this Uconn team's attempt. Good luck to them. But I won't be crushed if they fall short because, indeed, fate is clearly against them. With only three experienced starters and a very short, undependable bench, they can't afford to lose anybody to foul trouble, injury or sickness. They can't have anyone to simply have a bad game. Plainly, the BB god would have to shower them with good luck to overcome this deficiency.

But it could happen.

Combine that with the Huskies playing their best defense, avoiding being felled by fatigue and shooting up to their capabilities and a win is almost assured. I look forward to a joyful April.

It's unlikely, I know. Still, being optimistic costs nothing. I'm sure other programs, with lesser potential, are optimistic as they look ahead to the postseason.

Thank you for your excellent comment. This is why fans are fans. Belief is the essence of being a fan, at least as far as I see it. And if it's irrational to believe that this team can win it all, then I'm guilty as charged. I believe and I will continue to believe and celebrate this team, no matter what.

Reaction Score

But it could happen.

Let me say this........... The last time my mom and I saw Uconn play ND was in 2013. Uconn lost. Louisville took down the Giant, Baylor and Uconn on it's 8th NC. I have hope!

Reaction Score
Somehow, I hear an echo of "MIRACLE" in huskeynut's posting. "Let's Go Huskies/Mets!"
But the 69 Mets weren't a miracle. They were good. Of course, "ya gotta believe," was from 1973, and the Mets came so damn close.

Reaction Score
But the 69 Mets weren't a miracle. They were good. Of course, "ya gotta believe," was from 1973, and the Mets came so damn close.
So, funny story. I was born in July 69. My baby book has all kinds of stuff in their about the Mets. My great grandparents lived down the block from Shea Stadium. They used to sit out on the porch and listen to the crowd and the game. I need to dig out the baby book and scan that into my computer. :)

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the elite 8 is the absolute ceiling for this team, and we could lose in the sweet 16 as we've not shown an ability to beat ANY top 16 team the entire season. It's not that I'm down on the team - they had the deck stacked against them with a quartet of AA's on the bench in street clothes (along with one terrific foreign player).

But our best win of the season was against L'ville, who is percolating just inside the top 25. Or maybe Creighton who is just outside the top 20. I know Geno sometimes says things to the media to motivate the team, etc., but he's spot on when he said we'd have to get really really lucky to go far in the NCAA's.
This team is not prepared to play any team with length but they are the best short team in the country. They absolutely could make a Final 4 but they need a bunch of help to actually win a title this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom