Would you? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Well, since three MNCs and a gazillion Women's Championships apparently haven't been enough to secure a future for us in a Big 4 conference, then the answer would obviously be a resounding yes.

But since we don't live in a universe were we can travel back in time and throw a championship game to Duke in exchange for a membership in the B1G then no...

Never give up what I thought I'd ever see. 3 mens NC

I would blow that time machine up

View attachment 2699

View attachment 2699 View attachment 2699

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would give up most, if not all, of our polo national championships.

We must have like 50 of those.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Trades I'd make today:

Fiesta Bowl appearance for B1G
All women's basketball titles for either conference
'04 men's title for ACC (even though I LOVE Okafor, the game itself wasn't all that memorable other than GT hitting every 3 in the 2nd half)
'99 men's title for B1G (beating Duke = higher return; B1G > ACC)

The only trade I'd make for the '11 men's title (Kemba!) is an invite to the B1G with full revenue share, a guaranteed spot in the Rose Bowl in the next 2-3 years, the ACC to fold leaving Cuse/BC/Pitt/Ville in the dust, exclusive rights and 100% gate receipts to MSG for OOC games, first 4 rounds of NCAA tourney played at XL Center (think Duke/UNC games in North Carolina every ' year), and a public apology from Delany for inviting Rutgers ahead of UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would give up one (only one mind you) but only in a straight exchange for a BCS football title during the same academic year. That trade would solve any problem we could possibly have in terms of conference affiliation.

I do believe however that the premise is completely unfair. Rutgers didn't have to sacrifice their half of a fencing title for the B1G.

Reaction Score
Guess not - wouldn't seem such a hard concept to grasp, but apparently I'm dealing with a group of neanderthals. IN THEORY, would you leverage giving up any of the three NC's for an invite tomorrow? No imaginations on this board?

Basically, what's more important, having 3 NC's(versus 2, yeah know, the history, significance, memories, accomplishment, banner) or having a guarantee to be in a real conference right now?

Ridiculous

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
How many Helms titles did Syracuse give up to be selected for the ACC? Probably zero since their fans are still counting them?

Reaction Score
Would you...

image.jpg

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Very good Matt.
I thinky max in my campus days was a case or so.
Yeah. I would need 22 more

Reaction Score
No. Because we're going to get into one or the other eventually anyway. I mean, seriously. For all the doom and gloom around here you'd think we weren't a national brand.

Reaction Score
No. Because we're going to get into one or the other eventually anyway. I mean, seriously. For all the doom and gloom around here you'd think we weren't a national brand.
Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma saw in UConn 25 years ago what some of our own fans still can't see today.

Reaction Score
Guess not - wouldn't seem such a hard concept to grasp, but apparently I'm dealing with a group of neanderthals. IN THEORY, would you leverage giving up any of the three NC's for an invite tomorrow? No imaginations on this board?

Basically, what's more important, having 3 NC's(versus 2, yeah know, the history, significance, memories, accomplishment, banner) or having a guarantee to be in a real conference right now?

We should give them all up and be like Rutgers

Reaction Score
If you are an odds maker what are the odds that UConn wins a basketball championship in the next 10 years versus getting into the ACC or B1G? I think the odds of us getting into a more lucrative conference are higher.
Within ten years? I think both are a reality and on that note what do you think is going to happen sooner..... the next men's basketball national championship or an invite to either the B1G or the ACC?

Reaction Score
I would. In a New York minute. Particularly for the Big. There will be more chances, especially form the Big or the ACC for future titles. From the AAC I don't see it happening. Just a few notes, for the 23rd time in a row the national champ has been from a power conference. For the 23rd time in the last 25, the champ has been from a school that plays college football in a major conference (though I concede a couple of Duke titles in there. Duke played lousy football most of those years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom