Would you? | The Boneyard

Would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give up a mens hoops NC to be in the BiG or ACC right now?

Reaction Score
no and not even the Final Four with AJ Price.

Reaction Score
Would you, could you sell your soul? Or a bowl?
Would you, could you in Miami? In Tallahassee?
No way would I, no way could I, sell my soul, or a bowl, in Miami. Or Tallahassee.
Would you, could you sell your soul? Or a bowl?

Reaction Score
Guess not - wouldn't seem such a hard concept to grasp, but apparently I'm dealing with a group of neanderthals. IN THEORY, would you leverage giving up any of the three NC's for an invite tomorrow? No imaginations on this board?

Basically, what's more important, having 3 NC's(versus 2, yeah know, the history, significance, memories, accomplishment, banner) or having a guarantee to be in a real conference right now?

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Guess not - wouldn't seem such a hard concept to grasp, but apparently I'm dealing with a group of neanderthals. IN THEORY, would you leverage giving up any of the three NC's for an invite tomorrow? No imaginations on this board?

Basically, what's more important, having 3 NC's(versus 2, yeah know, the history, significance, memories, accomplishment, banner) or having a guarantee to be in a real conference right now?

I would give up the one 6 years from now - But selfishly, I'd never trade the next 5 we're gonna get starting next year......

Reaction Score

Usually when someone proposes a theory or somethink theoretical there is a causal link between alternatives. But, given your superior intelect........

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Let me try this different way. Assume we didn't win the NC in 2011, but just got Rutgers' invitation to the B1G. Would you be happier than you are today? I would. No contest really.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Give up a mens hoops NC to be in the BiG or ACC right now?

No.

But I'd gladly part with the '96 Sweet 16 appearance and a couple of NIT bids for a decent B1G or ACC marketing/PR guy. Or an Elite 8 spot, straight-up, for Tom Jurich...

Reaction Score
I'll give 3 women's NCs for B1G invite and a pinstripe bowl appearance; or, 1 men's NC + 2 women's NCs for B1G invite and the Rose Bowl in 2014. I'll throw in the baseball team's playoff games last year if we can get this deal done by Friday.

Reaction Score
No.

But I'd gladly part with the '96 Sweet 16 appearance and a couple of NIT bids for a decent B1G or ACC marketing/PR guy. Or an Elite 8 spot, straight-up, for Tom Jurich...

Damn, you beat me to the wheeling and dealing.

Reaction Score
You guys need to learn patience. UConn will come out of this thing smelling like a rose but it won't be today or next week. You can sit there and wrings your hands, whine, complain, blame and dream up hypotheticals all day but it's not going to change things. Concentrate on winning and being the most appealing conference member you can.....that'll get you into the B1G a lot faster than a law suit or a bunch of nasty posts on web sites around the country. UConn needs to be the nice guy for a change, not the grumpy brat that didn't get their way.

pj

Reaction Score
As an individual, if I had 3 championships, I'd give one up for a B1G invitation. But how can you deprive Kemba Walker of a championship? Emeka Okafor? Ricky Moore? You can't take away the championship that those players deserve.

I think we'll be in the B1G anyway. But time will tell.

Reaction Score
You guys need to learn patience. UConn will come out of this thing smelling like a rose but it won't be today or next week. You can sit there and wrings your hands, whine, complain, blame and dream up hypotheticals all day but it's not going to change things. Concentrate on winning and being the most appealing conference member you can.....that'll get you into the B1G a lot faster than a law suit or a bunch of nasty posts on web sites around the country. UConn needs to be the nice guy for a change, not the grumpy brat that didn't get their way.

Ok, I hear what you are saying. How about 2 women's + 2 men's NCs (not 1999) but we will need to win the Rose Bowl and there has to be a B1G press conference no later than next tuesday.

Reaction Score
I'm on another message board with a bunch of Michigan fans. I was going to post before the game started how many OSU football games would they give up to win last night.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
No. And Avatar monkey insulted at neanderthal reference.
What's ours is ours (NC)and what we may be is negotiable (new conf invite)

The magic beans that are the B1G invite will be had by pretty lady(Suzy)trading our cow, on way to market. Just don't know what the cow is a metaphor for yet

Reaction Score
Well, since three MNCs and a gazillion Women's Championships apparently haven't been enough to secure a future for us in a Big 4 conference, then the answer would obviously be a resounding yes.

But since we don't live in a universe were we can travel back in time and throw a championship game to Duke in exchange for a membership in the B1G then no...

Reaction Score
If you are an odds maker what are the odds that UConn wins a basketball championship in the next 10 years versus getting into the ACC or B1G? I think the odds of us getting into a more lucrative conference are higher.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
How about we couch it thusly...

If you had a choice of winning championship #4 at some point in the next 10 years, or getting an invite to the B1G without even sniffing the FF in the next 10 years, which would you take?

I'd take #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01