Would you welcome back Randy Edsell? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you welcome back Randy Edsell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Garrett's next post: Why so serious? Because this thread can't really be serious.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am a huge Randy fan. His only shortcoming was getting a great QB after Danny O. Defenses and special teams were really good, o line was good. Great running backs. Lots of guys in the NFL. Hate how he left, but he was pretty good here.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I see some are still suspicious of my posting. I just want to talk football, nothing more. I did not know Randy Edsall was such a polarizing figure here. I truly hope Coach Diaco stays and helps UConn reach a new level, hopefully in a P5 conference.

Yes you did or you wouldn't have asked.

There's a reason you didn't wonder if we would "welcome Tom Jackson back."

Reaction Score
Recruiting has gone beyond what Edsall could do here, so no I would pass. Next Coach after Diaco will need to continue the upward trend of recruiting and fit culturally

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I can think of only a few examples of coaches who have coached at the same place twice; Johnny Majors (Pitt) and Bobby Petrino (Louisville). So, would you?
Thank YOU for making me seem somewhat intelligent, albeit briefly.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hyuk hyuk, hey dare Jethro. Know what'd be mo fun den ketchin dem gators in da creek here in Tallyhassee? I's gun go over ta dat UConn messuh board n assem if dey want dey old baw coach back. That'd be a great way to russuh up some ennertainment fer dis eenen. I's a let ya know wut dey say!! Haha!

Reaction Score
Yes you did or you wouldn't have asked.

There's a reason you didn't wonder if we would "welcome Tom Jackson back."

The only Tom Jackson I know of is the recently retired ESPN personality, I think a Louisville grad. Is this the guy you are referring to?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
No way in hell... The guy did build our program from the ground up, but left us sitting high and dry to go off to his "dream job" on that flight from AZ to Maryland after the Fiesta Bowl. I don't think for 1. he would want to come back here, and 2. our fan base would be happy to except him back- even after years have passed. We could do better, even if Diaco left (gulp!)...

Reaction Score
I guess I'll humor the question and take it seriously (despite the obvious troll).

If Edsall was just a coach who had no history with us, would he even be on the radar screen? A guy in his late 50's who failed in his last head coaching job? Didn't we try that once already?

Reaction Score
I'd welcome him back when the MAC team he ends up finishing his career at plays a game at the Rent.

Reaction Score
For a a thread that wasn't welcomed, by many, interesting that it evoked 40 posts ( Many expressing an opinion one way or another...in addition to those negatively responding as to its origin).

Reaction Score
For a a thread that wasn't welcomed, by many, interesting that it evoked 40 posts ( Many expressing an opinion one way or another...in addition to those negatively responding as to its origin).

And yet, in the unfortunate event that we had a vacancy. If this program were to have a vacancy, there would be a sizeable chorus calling for his return.

Reaction Score
I can think of only a few examples of coaches who have coached at the same place twice; Johnny Majors (Pitt) and Bobby Petrino (Louisville). So, would you?

Although I appreciate how Randy Edsall built the program, I like many didn't appreciate his exit strategy. Furthermore his time has past and if for some reason we lose Coach Diaco, there is a former UCONN coach who I would give strong consideration to and that is Joe Moorhead currently the Offensive coordinator at Penn State. Moorhead revolutionized Fordham's offense (up tempo, fast pace) as head coach and was rewarded by accepting the position in Happy Valley. (NEVER SAW THAT AT UCONN!!) I am interested in seeing how he and Penn State perform this year. Here is a great article on coach Moorehead and what he has been up to.

Built for Speed: How Penn State football’s new offense came to be

And another blip

Penn State takeaway #3: Moorhead's great, but let's not go nuts

Last edited:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

Isn't returning to UConn his dream job?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The bottom line is that, regardless of what anyone thinks of Edsall (whom I appreciated)... If/When we need a new coach, we will have better options. It's nonsensical to even consider Edsall.

Reaction Score
Had Edsell stayed, we'ed be in the ACC, but he went after his dream school and we got coach p. I would not want Edsell back, we could do better

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not even a question, Randy torched the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom