Would you trade schools with one of these fan bases? | The Boneyard

Would you trade schools with one of these fan bases?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Money aside. Look back 30 years. You keep the memories.

Do you trade with any of these fans for Men’s basketball?

Pitt
Syracuse
Miami
Rutgers
Louisville
Villanova
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Kansas
North Carolina
UCLA
Michigan State
Duke
Kentucky

Reaction Score
UNC has same number of titles and 6 final fours in that span to our 4. They also had a really fun season sending Coach K packing. I've certainly enjoyed my rooting over these last 30 years, but that would've been a good stretch also.

Kansas also 6 final fours (2 titles only).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Pitt
Syracuse
Miami
Rutgers
Louisville
Villanova
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Kansas
North Carolina
UCLA
Michigan State
Duke
Kentucky
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Reaction Score
UNC has same number of titles and 6 final fours in that span to our 4. They also had a really fun season sending Coach K packing. I've certainly enjoyed my rooting over these last 30 years, but that would've been a good stretch also.

We have 5 final fours. You may be forgetting 2009.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

If the question was, would you rather be an in person student fan of the schools on the list, then yes, I'd pick KU. Because (a) Allen Field House is just a better game environment than Gampel and (b) Storrs doesn't have anything like this. I'm really glad I experienced both. I was in the lower student section in Gampel for our very first game there vs. St. Johns.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
2011 with the 11 wins to close out the season and 2014 being so unexpected- those two memories are unparalleled. Add in our other successes and heck no. No way. No freaking way.

Reaction Score
For me, the best part about being a Uconn fan is the fact that we are still an outlier when it comes to the blue bloods. We are unlikely 4time Champs. We are the only game in town, and we are not born with a silver spoon like UCLA, UNC, Duke etc.
I wouldn't trade it for the world obviously, but the closest thing currently (forget past championships) would be Gonzaga.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hard to say.

I like what we have.

But If I had to trade with any, I'd trade , probably, with Syracuse. They have incredible tradition, a legendary, effective coach who shows no signs of slowing down, and all those ACC dollars that are more important than championships. It's hard not to be envious.

Reaction Score

Pitt
Syracuse
Miami
Rutgers
Louisville
Villanova
Georgetown
Gonzaga
Kansas
North Carolina
UCLA
Michigan State
Duke
Kentucky
How did you come up with this list? Are you just trolling when you include Georgetown? Miami!? Rutgers?!?!! The list can be pared down to:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Kansas
UNC
Duke
Kentucky

Answer is still no.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How did you come up with this list? Are you just trolling when you include Georgetown? Miami!? Rutgers?!?!! The list can be pared down to:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Kansas
UNC
Duke
Kentucky

Answer is still no.
Some current BE. Some that left. Traditional powers.

Reaction Score
We have 5 final fours. You may be forgetting 2009.
I just did the math wrong lmao. Thought '99 was 33 years ago not 23 years lol. The math for UNC and Kansas was also based on last 20 years.

UNC has 11 Final Fours and same 4 titles. Kansas 7 and 2. Duke picks up a bunch, too. Duke 8 and 4.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think we have the most in the last 23 years, that's all that matters

Then you throw in the women, firgetboutit

Plus I prefer blue collar >>>>> blue chip

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Easy to forget.....it's the ONLY time we've ever lost in a Final Four
Sold our finals tickets to a Michigan State fan at 3x face immediatly after the loss, changed our flight home to Sunday am (got bumped to an hour later, $300 travel voucher) and got out of town . . . we were having a good time staying in Windsor. Ended up pretty much being a no cost long weekend.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My answer is no. Not just the last 30 years but before then. I'm a lifetime UConn fan and I appreciate the Nattys and the quality of basketball the last 30 years but I would be living and dying with them regardless. I was cheering my off for Tony Hanson as much as I was cheering for Rip and Shabazz. I'm not casual and I don't ever think "what if". UConn always!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Kinda misread the question but again my answer would be Hell No.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sold our finals tickets to a Michigan State fan at 3x face immediatly after the loss, changed our flight home to Sunday am (got bumped to an hour later, $300 travel voucher) and got out of town . . . we were having a good time staying in Windsor. Ended up pretty much being a no cost long weekend.
If a 300 dollar voucher was your break even for a FF game god bless. I dropped that in 2004 dollars buying bill Walton and friends cocktails in an hour in 04 in San Antonio. And he took a steal your husky shirt from me ( no way it fit him). Still best money I ever spent :)

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
If a 300 dollar voucher was your break even for a FF game god bless. I dropped that in 2004 dollars buying bill Walton and friends cocktails in an hour in 04 in San Antonio. And he took a steal your husky shirt from me ( no way it fit him). Still best money I ever spent :)

My cousin worked in Detroit at the time and picked up most of our bar tabs! And you missed the part about selling my finals ticket for 3x face. Combined with very cheaps flights out of LGA (parking cost more than the flight) and an inexpensive hotel in Windsor, it was pretty much a free 2-night adventure, although it sucked seeing them lose a FF game (I was in St Pete and San Antonio).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom