Would this work on the guys side? | The Boneyard

Would this work on the guys side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

on the girls side, Tennessee coach Pat Summitt retired and is not the "Head Coach Emeritus". They named Holly Warlick, the current Assoc. HC as the new Head Coach. Pat will still be involved as much as her health allows and apparently the goal of the Tennessee AD is to smooth the transition since as a WCBB program, they have historically been a top team.

if Calhoun wants to remain involved, could they do something like that if his health issues make it hard for him to be 100% involved 100% of the time? Make him the HCE and name Ollie (or whoever) as the HC? smooth the transition when the time comes? maybe a dumb idea but I was curious if it would fly. I don't think it's ever been done before - not on the girls or the guys side...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I don't agree with it personally. Whoever the new coach is should have full control to implement their own system and run things the way they want to run it. I think keeping Calhoun around as an active contributor to the team would create a weird chemistry problem with some players thinking of him as their true head coach which could cause problems in games. And for the record, I don't think its a question of whether it could work in the guy's game versus the girl's game.

Having Calhoun involved in the department in some role probably isn't a bad idea, I just don't know what role that would be.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Louie has hung around St. Johns in some capacity or another, so has Dee Rowe. Tennesse women's basketball falls off the face of the earth if Pat isn't mounted somewhere near the team's bench.

Reaction Score
Read between the lines.
This is just a way to keep Pat on the sidelines. It's awesome. No need for her to fall off the women's map. She can be whatever part of the Tenn. team she can be. I'm sure the new HC will not feel as though her hegemony is being infringed by having the premier icon of the sport at her side.

No, it would not work in the men's game, for the same reason that women all lean together for picks and guys don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom