Would it be possible? | The Boneyard

Would it be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Would it be possible to run a program exclusively through graduate transfers and not recruit any high schoolers? If you could do this, you would have veteran proven players every year and less risk of high schoolers failing to live up to their potential/academic issues etc. There would be risk of problems with team chemistry but less so then from freshmen one and dones. I'm not sure what grad transfers do to APR. I suspect if we ever adopted this model, the NCAA would change the rules to put a limit on the number of grad transfers per team. For some reason, the NCAA has no problem with freshmen one and does though. Apologies if this subject has been posted previously.

Reaction Score
Would it be possible to run a program exclusively through graduate transfers and not recruit any high schoolers? If you could do this, you would have veteran proven players every year and less risk of high schoolers failing to live up to their potential/academic issues etc. There would be risk of problems with team chemistry but less so then from freshmen one and dones. I'm not sure what grad transfers do to APR. I suspect if we ever adopted this model, the NCAA would change the rules to put a limit on the number of grad transfers per team. For some reason, the NCAA has no problem with freshmen one and does though. Apologies if this subject has been posted previously.
At this very moment Mark Emmert is drafting legislation that will prohibit grad transfers to UConn. And it will be retroactive.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it's possible purely in the sense that currently the rules don't disallow it, and there are enough grad transfers to put together a team... but even if they weren't working as we speak to remove the grad transfer waiver it doesn't sound like a good idea.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
At the rate they're going, VCU might have to do it next year.

Reaction Score
Preposterous concept. Nice way to add a couple veterans to shore up the roster, but it could never be the mainstay of recruiting. I would say that this years addition of two quality grad transfers is about the best case scenario in the real world.

Reaction Score
Possible, yes. Probable, no. I'd love to see it though. I dont understand why the NCAA has such a big problem with this, seeing it as an unfair advantage of sorts, but it see's no problem with 1 school having 12 McDonalds all-americans... I dont see a problem with either, and more so i see less problem with the 5th year seniors. These guys have graduated and have an extra year of eligibility and are pursing an even high level of degree. The NCAA should actually encourage this IF they were truely concerned about students being the best STUDENT athletes they can be. IF they are simply worried about competition not being fair then they need to put a limit on how many McDonalds all-americans each school can have on its roster, or how many 1 and dones go to the NBA in a given year. Anything over 2, 1 and dones (gotta be an amazing talent to be a 1 and done) and the school should have to sacrifice 2 scholarships per student over (something like that). I just dont get why grad students are so unfair, but getting 4+ 1 and dones is perfectly fine. IF the goal is to keep things competitive then either embrace the grad trasfers, or get rid of grad transfers and spread and potential 1 and done wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom