Would it be a good thing to add Briscoe with Adams? | The Boneyard

Would it be a good thing to add Briscoe with Adams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think it would be great for the team IF it worked out. Would it be best for Adams? He looks like a special talent who can rival some of our best. With Briscoe, Adams would risk losing some of the time and spotlight in the beginning. It is only natural to consider your individual preferences I think that having Kevin Ollie gives us a better chance to work out having more than one great guard at a time. But it does seem at least somewhat risky. This is the situation that brought Boat to us.

Reaction Score
The answer is yes. They are both Top 25 players in their class. I am sure the staff have spoken to Jalen about their plans to target other guards. KO will not risk losing Jalen to get Briscoe.

Reaction Score
I think it would be great for the team IF it worked out. Would it be best for Adams? He looks like a special talent who can rival some of our best. With Briscoe, Adams would risk losing some of the time and spotlight in the beginning. It is only natural to consider your individual preferences I think that having Kevin Ollie gives us a better chance to work out having more than one great guard at a time. But it does seem at least somewhat risky. This is the situation that brought Boat to us.

Interesting scenario... Here's my thoughts:
Jalen transferred to Brewster Academy this upcoming year.
Brewster Academy has 4 major Division 1 signings @ guard. Jalen Adams (UConn), Donovan Mitchell (LVille), Justin Simon (Arizona & Summer Teammate of Adams) and David Crisp (Washington). All of them are looking to play PG in college. Plus Brewster has other guards. I don't think Jalen is afraid of competition at PG.

Briscoe had recently cut UConn, but re-added UConn back to his list after knowing UConn has Adams committed (along with adding KenSucky back too). I still think Briscoe is a St. John's or Seton Hall lean, but he's meeting with Ollie next week & has an official visit the week after. He must see something to re-add UConn back on. He played well this summer, but then had a foot injury.

I think players know Ollie will play 2 PGs together. Maybe one scores more, the other has more assists, but they know they will get their opportunity to make decisions on the court. That was one of the reasons Purvis wanted to transfer to UConn.

Malik Newman is scaring me lately... "Ollie doesn't return texts quick enough". Kentucky has connections with Drake, Jay-Z & has Pro combines. I can see where his priorities are....

Reaction Score
If we actually pull off adding Briscoe to go with Adams, Puris, Cassell and T-sam in the backcourt I don't even care who we get up front. That said I think we add Enoch, Stone and Clarke and it's on to number 5 in 2016- that's if my 50/50 title prediction doesn't work out this year.

Reaction Score
UK is one-n-done U. Calapari is very smart, scumbag stuff aside, he built a framework for attracting and managing these type of players. How to recruit/sell them, the program and minimizing the academic demands, constantly preparing them for the next level, etc.

Ollie could maybe sell him enough as a guy who actually lived it, but I bet he goes to UK or overseas.

Interesting scenario... Here's my thoughts:
Jalen transferred to Brewster Academy this upcoming year.
Brewster Academy has 4 major Division 1 signings @ guard. Jalen Adams (UConn), Donovan Mitchell (LVille), Justin Simon (Arizona & Summer Teammate of Adams) and David Crisp (Washington). All of them are looking to play PG in college. Plus Brewster has other guards. I don't think Jalen is afraid of competition at PG.

Briscoe had recently cut UConn, but re-added UConn back to his list after knowing UConn has Adams committed (along with adding KenSucky back too). I still think Briscoe is a St. John's or Seton Hall lean, but he's meeting with Ollie next week & has an official visit the week after. He must see something to re-add UConn back on. He played well this summer, but then had a foot injury.

I think players know Ollie will play 2 PGs together. Maybe one scores more, the other has more assists, but they know they will get their opportunity to make decisions on the court. That was one of the reasons Purvis wanted to transfer to UConn.

Malik Newman is scaring me lately... "Ollie doesn't return texts quick enough". Kentucky has connections with Drake, Jay-Z & has Pro combines. I can see where his priorities are....

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Threads like this make me want to beat you to death.

I admire the people above who gave you thoughtful answers instead of threatening to kill you. I envy their inner calm.

It's nice to know that I have such an impact on the world around me. Makes me downright proud!

Reaction Score
Threads like this make me want to beat you to death.

I admire the people above who gave you thoughtful answers instead of threatening to kill you. I envy their inner calm.

I don't condone any of this behavior, but I'm laughing like a madman over here.

Reaction Score
It would work. We would take him in a heartbeat but believe he is a hall or St.John's lean with us having an outside chance. He did add us back on his list so there must be a reason.

Reaction Score
Yes. Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

Go back and look at every successful UCONN team. Two or more strong ball handling guards who are able to bring it up the court and create scoring opportunities. Nightmare for opponents on both end of the court.

Beyond that, these two are not as similar as some think. Aside from position and size there's not much. Briscoe is not as athletic as JA, he plays at a controlled pace, using his ability to change it to gain his advantage. Even though he can get out and run he is better in the half court; when he does run the break it is more often as a facilitator than a finisher. Adams on the other hand is a superb athlete. He will run by anyone who tries to guard him and if he can't do that he'll try and jump over them. Excels on the break and wants to finish everytime. He could benefit from the chances Briscoe is able to create in the half court. And both will benefit from the others ability to handle the ball, relieves alot of pressure when you have two guys that can break a press by themselves.

For months I've said that these two could be great together, they should fit so well. Two top of the line guards and a defensively dominant big is basically the UCONN blueprint. How anyone thinks this could be a bad fit for anyone involved is beyond me.

Reaction Score
It would work. We would take him in a heartbeat but believe he is a hall or St.John's lean with us having an outside chance. He did add us back on his list so there must be a reason.

My theory, my hopeful theory, is that he wants to stay close to home. But his inclusions of schools like UL and Zona and uk tells me he has a desire to be at a big name school as well. You look around and we are the only major program in driving distance. Praying that you combine that with everything we already have to offer every recruit and we land him. Not much factual information behind this theory, just a hopeful assessment.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Lol of course but I honestly believe adams is a better prospect than Briscoe. His footwork alone is crazy his game translates better to the college game. Assuming enoch signs, and one of clarke/jones signs and no one other than boat leaves. Our 15-16 roster is easily top 5 in the country. Uconn isnt going anywhere. I expect #5 within 3 years.

Reaction Score
Lol of course but I honestly believe adams is a better prospect than Briscoe. His footwork alone is crazy his game translates better to the college game.

We going to back to this? Because the answer is still, and always has been Isiah Briscoe. JA is the superior athlete, no question, but Briscoe is a better ball player. Plain and simple. No disrespect to JA but I think Briscoe is still being under looked somehow. I would be quicker to argue that Briscoe is better than Newman than I would that Adams is better than Briscoe. The advantage to JA is he may stay 3/4 years.

I WANT BOTH! We land both and we can bring Ajou Deng and Justin Brown in with what's left of the scholarships and it'll still be a winner in my book. Give me, give me, give me.

Reaction Score
No, it's too much talent and we can't have that. Did it work for the Celtics when they had all of those hall of famers? Look at that mess they had in a South Beach. Too much talent is what is holding back the Knicks. I bet UK beats us last year if they had less talent.

Reaction Score
If we actually pull off adding Briscoe to go with Adams, Puris, Cassell and T-sam in the backcourt I don't even care who we get up front. That said I think we add Enoch, Stone and Clarke and it's on to number 5 in 2016- that's if my 50/50 title prediction doesn't work out this year.

Recent news make it appear that Clarke may not be an option.

Reaction Score
Recent news make it appear that Clarke may not be an option.

What makes you say this/what news? Not saying you're wrong I would just like to read it as well and haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom