Would another loss actually be a good thing? | The Boneyard

Would another loss actually be a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, hear me out- all of us, myself included, want UConn to run the table the rest of the year.

No one wants a loss come BET or NCAAT time. So if they were to lose again, I think we would all want it to be in the next five games.

My question is, could another regular season loss (or 2) actually be a good thing for the team? With only one or two more losses we would still likely secure a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAAT. Would a loss take some of the pressure off the team? Would it help them refocus on an area that could be an issue in the postseason? Could the team be getting too confident? (These are all hypothetical questions mind you.)

What do you think?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We had this discussion on here recently. I can't find the thread but the general consensus was no they don't need a loss because Hurley would never let them lose focus anyway. So a loss wouldn't help their focus because Hurley can keep them focused without a loss.
Yeah I was trying to find a thread about it too but couldn’t either.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t know what a loss does for this team besides hurt their chances of landing in the east regional or giving other teams a blue print on how to beat us… in fact, I think this team should just keep blasting every single opponent until they are cutting down the nets in Phoenix.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
P.S. from a Zags article earlier today. I don’t think this team has any issues with their focus or mindset.
IMG_9852.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Would it help them refocus on an area that could be an issue in the postseason?
I can't imagine what that area would be.

I suppose DH could issue a challenge and only give everyone one foul in 1st half before benching. That could be entertaining I suppose.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This team has nothing to gain from a loss. If they were going to get soft and sloppy, they would have already shown it. This isn't 2006.

If some team throws something at them that exposes a weakness, then fine but they are too good to allow that to lose them a game. They only one who can beat them, is themselves. or injury.

Run the freaking table and leave no doubt in the process. !

Reaction Score
That’s a losers mentality you approach every game the same way. I do like the fact we have tough road games coming up and we will learn from them win or lose. We’re playing for a BE championship yes it’s looking good but we wanna win it asap.

Reaction Score
I believe some teams may need a loss for a reset. Heck, losing in BET may have been good for last year’s team. But this year’s team is so focused and almost professional about their business, I see no need for a reset. Just keep piling wins.

Having sad that, it may be tough to run the table with their remaining schedule.

Reaction Score
The Seton Hall loss might have forced the team to focus or refocus. And, lessons learned, as evidenced by the win streak.

So, no need to take the pedal off the medal and slack off. With a healthy team and a coach determined to push the right buttons, no need for another loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom