Worth seeing again | The Boneyard

Worth seeing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Here's that 1st period tip-in by Stewie. One thing to note: When Mo sets her feet to take her jumper, Stewie is trailing the play and is two GIANT steps outside the 3 point arc.

Reaction Score
Very dangerous move by the ND player who undercut her. :mad:
Over the years ND has made some very dirty and potentially dangerous plays against UCONN but after watching this one, not sure Cable intentionally undercut Stewie...it appears as if she was looking to position herself for the rebound and Stewie just beat her to the spot and came down on Cable...interestingly , had Cable been set and trying to box out they may have had an over the top call on Stewie

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I honestly think that most claims of "dirty" plays are straight up bull... 99.9% of players don't think that way. Sure, being physical is an option - and a way teams (including) have played when 1) they've had the personnel to do so or 2) they've needed to throw a skilled person off their game (I'll always point to UConn's bludgeoning of Kelly Mazzante as the classic example).

Reaction Score
Over the years ND has made some very dirty and potentially dangerous plays against UCONN but after watching this one, not sure Cable intentionally undercut Stewie...it appears as if she was looking to position herself for the rebound and Stewie just beat her to the spot and came down on Cable...interestingly , had Cable been set and trying to box out they may have had an over the top call on Stewie

Yeah, my impression was that Cable was backing up to get in position to contest for the rebound, with no idea that Stewie was behind her. There's an instant, when she first feels contact, where her body language looks to me like "I'm boxing whoever this is out", and then about two milliseconds later she realizes what's going on.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Regardless of whether or not that was intentional, it was very dangerous. KML's elbow went out on a similar play.

Reaction Score
I'd love to rewatch the entire game. Something about Notre Dame/Tennessee losing that makes me smile.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Seems to be a dirty play. Look at slow motion its clear she ducks to undercut Stewart A VERY dangerous thing to do Stewart could have landed on her head, broken a hand, arm shoulder, neck, back etc ! HIGHLY dangerous to UNDERCUT !!!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Here's that 1st period tip-in by Stewie. One thing to note: When Mo sets her feet to take her jumper, Stewie is trailing the play and is two GIANT steps outside the 3 point arc.

I love how Cable is adjusting her hair as the shot is in the air. Ha!

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was an intentional undercut the first 10 times I watched it, but in MJL243's alternate view it is clear Cable doesn't go up with Stewie. Instead her arm cuts across Stewie's body low as she steps in front. No biggie I guess, but I do hope those knees felt good in her back on the way down.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Looks to me as though Cable is just sort of instinctively trying to protect herself by fending Stewie off with a forearm. Like you would do if a building was about to fall on you. Doesn't look at all deliberate.

Reaction Score
I'd love to rewatch the entire game. Something about Notre Dame/Tennessee losing that makes me smile.
I agree. But I find the Tennessee fans a lot more knowledgeable about the game. The ND forum contains little more than rampant whining. My guess is that it's due to Tennessee's being the bride 8 times, while ND plays more of a bridesmaid role.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
They aren't whining over at VN, they are snarling and frothing!

Reaction Score
Can't hold my tongue any longer-I'm flabbergasted by multiple comments about this being a dirty play! Cable sees the shot go up- and moves into position to get a potential rebound. She has absolutely no idea that Stewie is about to jump up and over her-in fact she has probably never thought about any player even being able to jump up and over her!! Our Super Stewie pulls off an absolutely mind boggling play. Sure it ended up being a very potentially dangerous situation but not because of any intentional actions-c'mon people-I have to wonder if any of you making these comments played any ball in your days.

Reaction Score

Take a look at Katie Lou's expression at the end. Mouth wide open.
She has seen a great athletic move, and she loves it !

Reaction Score
Take a look at Katie Lou's expression at the end. Mouth wide open.
She has seen a great athletic move, and she loves it !
Yes, look how quick KLS arrived and how Ogunbowale pushed Tuck

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seems to be a dirty play. Look at slow motion its clear she ducks to undercut Stewart A VERY dangerous thing to do Stewart could have landed on her head, broken a hand, arm shoulder, neck, back etc ! HIGHLY dangerous to UNDERCUT !!!!!
Strongly disagree. Cable was trying to box out, as every basketball player worth her salt tries to do, but Stewie made an otherworldly move that couldn't be anticipated. Besides, I've been watching ND and Madison Cable for years and she is far from a dirty player.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Simply trying to do something "normal," however does does mean a flagrant 1 shouldn't or can't be called. Cable was still moving across Stewie's path once Stewie was in the air. Intention to harm I don't think so reckless yes. Cable saw the line Stewie was coming on and was late to the spot.

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. Cable was trying to box out, as every basketball player worth her salt tries to do, but Stewie made an otherworldly move that couldn't not be anticipated. Besides, I've been watching ND and Madison Cable for years and she is far from a dirty player.

Cable bending over was the problem. Wasn't necessary. Don't know if it was intentional but fists would have been flying on the playground.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Cable bending over was the problem. Wasn't necessary. Don't know if it was intentional but fists would have been flying on the playground.
Watch MLJ's slo-mo clip linked above. Cable bent over because Stewie was falling on her. If Cable had stood up, people would be accusing her of trying to throw Stewie to the floor. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom