Worst UConn game I've watched in quite a while | The Boneyard

Worst UConn game I've watched in quite a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tennessee was not very good but UConn was dreadful. Is the team tired? Sick? I hope there's some reason because that was pretty bad. Did anyone want to score besides Lamb and Napier.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Back in September we were discussing the posibility that this would be our deepest team ever (even with the scholarships lost to APR/Sanctions). Throughout the second half, Greg Anthony continually pointed out our lack of depth. Amazing that losing one player took all of our depth.

Reaction Score
I think Brando pretty much said it all when he said they were operating 2 on 5 on offense, and one of those 2 in Shabazz is clearly not all the way there with his health and endurance. 2 guys being able to create offense just isn't going to cut it, AD basically just stands around out there and does not try to seal his man and gain post position at all, AO combined the bad hands and inability to finish with foul trouble today, Tyler doesn't even look to score anymore and is basically just a high post passer with no one to actually pass to in the post, Niels can't/doesn't create his own offense, and Roscoe & DeAndre are non entities on offense. I actually think Niels could probably do more but he's probably playing with the idea that he's gonna get pulled at his first mistake so he doesn't look to to handle/push things on offense.

Reaction Score
Back in September we were discussing the posibility that this would be our deepest team ever (even with the scholarships lost to APR/Sanctions). Throughout the second half, Greg Anthony continually pointed out our lack of depth. Amazing that losing one player took all of our depth.

We also knew going into the season that if we lost anyone in the backcourt that it would kill us and that's exactly what its doing. Not enough spacing on the floor for Jeremy with these lack of offensive options and Shabazz can't handle the load that is placed on him at this point in his career, he's being asked to do way too much.

Reaction Score
Calhoun offense = NBA style = at least two off the dribble playmakers, the rest of the team reacts positively with cuts to the hoop, positioned for the O rebound. Don't expect an old dog like him to adjust and employ a new variation to the offense, let's just hope Boatright can play this year and this team figures it out. He's fallen in love with the big man and some how he's gotten them even though he does little to really incorporate them offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom