Worst Transition D | The Boneyard

Worst Transition D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
What kind of effort getting back on D is this? We are consistently getting beat down the court and are not even stopping the ball either now.

There is no excuse for this to happen all game long - it's a matter of effort and Houston is taking it to us in the effort and energy department.

Reaction Score
Because this insight was just too important and special to keep contained in the bitching thread you've already made

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Because this insight was just too important and special to keep contained in the bitching thread you've already made
Gotta let off steam somehow - teach me how you keep such great composure

Reaction Score
By reminding myself that, at the end of the day, it's a basketball game

And you don't need multiple threads to "let off steam". Your thread count does not need to match your 1-10 anger level.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
By reminding myself that, at the end of the day, it's a basketball game

And you don't need multiple threads to "let off steam". Your 1-10 degree of anger does not need to match your thread count.
Noted master Yoda

Reaction Score
It's a brutal loss that deserves some venting....we went from being a near lock with a win to play-in game territory with loss. Lose to SMU and we'll be outside completely and needing to make a run in AAC tourney. Either way we are in very bad place.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
It's a brutal loss that deserves some venting....we went from being a near lock with a win to play-in game territory with loss. Lose to SMU and we'll be outside completely and needing to make a run in AAC tourney. Either way we are in very bad place.
I don't think a loss to SMU takes us out of the field by any means but if we are one and done in the AAC tourney then we are going to have some serious worrying to do on Selection Sunday.

Beat SMU and this game means nothing but I have no confidence that we can actually pull it off at SMU - that place has been a house of horrors for us

Reaction Score
The missed 3s from Purvis and Gibbs today hurt, but what can you do? You are cold sometimes. Most of those 3 attempts were wide open. In other words, not really poor shot selection. So there is an excuse.

But the poor D is a question of toughness and desire.

The loss was all about poor D and missed 3s. Only one is excusable.

Reaction Score
We hit shots and we look at the bench to celebrate and we get beat down the floor.

We don't like the no-call, stop to complain and we get beat down the floor.

How many times do you need to give up easy transition baskets before it clicks that you need to run your butt back. This team has possibly the lowest bball IQ of any UConn team since JC too over. How the coaching staff can just sit there, is beyond me. KO's whinny look has to be replaced by fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom