OT: - Worst Song of All Time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst Song of All Time

Reaction Score
If my Dad (1921 - 1983) were posting he would nominate this song. He always told me how much his Dad (whom I never knew) hated this song, and how he flung this 78 record across the room. The full title was "Barney Google with the goo-goo-googily eyes. (Almost 100 years before google was a household brand.)

Your DAD would like this one--NO VIDEO--
Putty Putty Cement Mixer 1945. (my sister, still in Killingworth) sang that to her Baby that year.
Barney Google, with goo goo googlie eyes. Great comic strip.

Reaction Score
the "Parmesan Cheese Song" from America's got Talent

apparently its become an ear worm

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know I sound like a dinosaur but most all of today’s music is complete and total garbage, with the exception of some artists that actually SING SONGS.
I know it's a common sentiment, but I think there is plenty of good music being made currently, of pretty much every genre imaginable. You just have to go find it. With You Tube and all kinds of music streaming platforms, it's out there waiting to be found.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
I double dog dare you to listen to this song the whole way through.

Reaction Score
I haven't read through this entire thread so I Know I'm probably being redundant, but Bill Withers, Ain't No Sunshine.

Reaction Score
Brian Hyland lived around the corner from me in Woodhaven, Queens, growing up. His song about the 'yellow polka dot bikini' is the worst tune ever! We were strictly doo wop and are still wondering how he went so far astray, eh?

Reaction Score
For any of you who haven't heard of him, I offer this little gem from Larry Wild Man Fisher.

Come on now, if you’re gonna play Wild Man Fisher you have to play Fish Heads.” (here is the short version just to give a taste)

Reaction Score
I'm not going to link any specific examples, but William Shatner has recorded several albums, and Leonard Nimoy has at least one.
I only know this because I once got one as a gag gift, I think it was the Nimoy... it did not make it to my iTunes library.

Reaction Score
You can ring my bell - Anita Ward. Also anything by Whitney Houston who doesn’t sing, she simply yells in tune.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I won't post actual videos, because I wouldn't do that to someone.

But here are my worst.

1. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (covered by....everyone)
2. Imagine - John Lennon
3. My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs
@The deacon @Blond D. @LesMis89 , you all actually like My Pal Foot Foot???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom