Worst refs ever? | The Boneyard

Worst refs ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I seriously can't remember the last time I've seen us get screwed like this, it's tough to watch.

Reaction Score
I learned something new tonight: You can get from a step inside the three point line to the basket without dribbling and it's not a travel.

Reaction Score
Can someone that recorded the game please tell me the 2nd three in the final overtime was actually a three. I swear his foot was on the line.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Just once after a loss I wish there wasn't a post about the refs.
Actually in this case, the refs decision to award gtown 2 free throws on a very questionable call was real difference in the final score.

Reaction Score
It was better late in the game and in overtime, but there was a stretch there in the middle of the game where about 4 questionable calls all went against us.

Reaction Score
I wish the refs didn't shoot 11-20 from three
I wish people didn't think that saying refs were bad means that's the reason we think the team lost.... A team can lose because of their own play with the refs also being bad

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The refs were terrible on both sides. The offensive foul on Georgetown with 20 seconds left in regulation was a really bad call. Deandre getting thrown to the ground going up for a board in the early 2nd half was just as bad.

Reaction Score
The refs were terrible on both sides. The offensive foul on Georgetown with 20 seconds left in regulation was a really bad call. Deandre getting thrown to the ground going up for a board in the early 2nd half was just as bad.

The illegal screen was an absolute correct call. Lubick did not give the defender time and distance to avoid the contact.

Reaction Score
No problem with the no call on Boatrights travel at the end of reg or the "tie up" call when Gtown clearly had possession and was signaling TO?

Officiating was ok. Tough loss.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No problem with the no call on Boatrights travel at the end of reg or the "tie up" call when Gtown clearly had possession and was signaling TO?

Dude, i disagree with most UCONN fans in this thread and believe the referring was actually solid but you lose absolutely all credibility if you are saying he called a TO. He was CLEARLY tied up by Giffey long, long, long before he started calling for the TO. He also traveled his ass off.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

Travels are routinely missed all over the court (like the other play you mention), but it's good to see you are objective enough to single one out you thought was questionable. And speaking of that play, you can't get a time out if both teams are in possession of the ball. They call that dual possession (makes sense, right?) and it goes to the arrow. Of course, if you're 'Cuse, we learned earlier this year that they can get one when playing UConn when the ball is loose.

Thanks for playing, and as always, we appreciate your interest in UConn hoops.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Check the tape:

The Georgetown player rolled around with the ball, allowing two UConn players to get their hands on the ball.....

Then the ref blew the whistle....which reminded the Georgetown player he should have called the TO....so he frantically called for the TO.

But as the announcer said....it could have (should have) been traveling.

Reaction Score
Dude, i disagree with most UCONN fans in this thread and believe the referring was actually solid but you lose absolutely all credibility if you are saying he called a TO. He was CLEARLY tied up by Giffey long, long, long before he started calling for the TO. He also traveled his ass off.

You are correct about the tie-up and Santini is also correct that poor officiating and poor play are not mutually exclusive. Having said that, like you, I do not blame the officials. There were a lot of things that affected the end result, as you have in any game.

Reaction Score
You must not watch the NBA then.:)
That was in the past. They actually call more travels in the NBA than the NCAA now. They definitely call more three seconds in the NBA. I don't remember the last three second call I've seen in college.

Reaction Score

Did your guide dog tell you this?

Reaction Score

A good idea when you see a ref post like this: check the time it was posted. This one was 8:34 pm. Or probably with about 6-8 minutes left in regulation. The tie up call was still 30 minutes in the future.

Personally was a stretch when I was peeved by the officiating. Felt like we didn't get a call our way in the whole second half until they blew a quick whistle to deny us an easy layup on a putback. But that happens. Game ended up being decided by the players.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone that recorded the game please tell me the 2nd three in the final overtime was actually a three. I swear his foot was on the line.
I thought so to in real time. I'd be curious to see it as well.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score

The GT player actually traveled prior to the tie up call.

Reaction Score

And tell us to that UConn did not "forget about him" off ball, hanging out for the three. Ahhh, never mind, already know they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom