Worst college football stadiums article | The Boneyard

Worst college football stadiums article

Reaction Score
Referencing the original article from bleacher report in 2011, the author said he "liked" the Rent and given the then trajectory of the program, felt that at 40k it was too small. Thats it. Andrew is Lazy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's a silly, lazy article w/o even any reasoning to the picks.

I haven't been to a ton of college stadiums, but without a doubt, the worst I've been to is Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. It's concrete seating, and your feet might be in a puddle of cold water all game. Not to mention few concessions and deep mud all around the facility if you're there in inclement weather.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I clicked on the nitwit "author's" name, and it leads to his recent stories. He might as well be a Daily Mail reporter...nothing but blaring headlines with absolutely zero original (or thoughtful) content. This "article" is a joke. Not one mention of any reasons for the ranking. Clickbait for the sake of clickbait. The ads that accompany and follow the article are far more interesting than the crap article itself (mail order weed, ED devices, etc.)
The Rent is far from perfect, and needs updating, but anyone who has traveled to away games or even watched college football on TV knows it should never make the "worst 5" list (which doesn't exist because he says it does.) Not to even mention he's re-hashing a "Bleacher Report" story from 2011. Nothing like being current, Andrew Holleran. (And, of course, there's no "reply" or "comment" area...ugh.)

Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of UConn being the kicked when we’re down - especially for no good reason. This article epitome of lazy writing with no facts. No way we belong on this list. We had 30,000+ on game 1.

I also saw ESPN identifying us as ”U-CAn’t” and being in the waiting room for bottom 10.

We don’t belong in bottom 10 as I games have been competitive last 2-3 with a Road win.

We are just a convenient brand to kick - think basketball jealousy drives a lot of this.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of UConn being the kicked when we’re down - especially for no good reason.

I also saw ESPN identifying us as ”U-CAn’t” and being in the waiting room for bottom 10.
ESPN can go whiz on an electric fence. This whole U-Can't is probably jealousy that the school continues to be relevant in another sport that some of their alumni only wish their school could.

Reaction Score
Saw this article early this morning. Haven't seen a lot of other stadiums, but I find it hard to believe that ours ranks 4th worst. Pissant writer...if you the stadium we're so bad, would it showcase soccer? Besides, when it's full, it's fairly raucous.
https://thespun.com/college-football/college-football-5-worst-stadiums
Stupid article. I have been many Uconn road games and I think the Rent, even in its current condition, is a better facility than many other FBS football stadiums.

Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of UConn being the kicked when we’re down - especially for no good reason. This article epitome of lazy writing with no facts. No way we belong on this list. We had 30,000+ on game 1.

We don’t belong in bottom 10 as I games have been competitive last 2-3 with a Road win.

We are just a convenient brand to kick - think basketball jealousy drives a lot of this.
The roof leaks like a sieve, rust all over, it’s built on a toxic dump site, AND thank god it’s 26 miles from the campus. It should be torn down and a new stadium built on campus.

Reaction Score
The roof leaks like a sieve, rust all over, it’s built on a toxic dump site, AND thank god it’s 26 miles from the campus. It should be torn down and a new stadium built on campus.
I am not saying it can’t be improved but have you been to other stadiums? 10th worst? Really… Even though our lowest of low points, my family and I have had some great times at the Rent.

Also, think about how bad the traffic was at the Rent for the NC State game? What would it be like on campus?

I think we’ve got to make a commitment to join a conference before we start breaking ground for any new stadium.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
20 years old, basic design, no uogrades, lousy team. Why wouldn’t it be near the bottom?

Though after watching Rice, their stadium sucks. So, bottom 4 seems a stretch.

Reaction Score
I went to the Myrtle Beach Bowl last year and surprised how bad Coastal Carolina's stadium was. It makes the Rent look like the Taj Mahal.

Reaction Score
The upgrades and fixes will be completed over the next couple state budgets. There is not going to be a football stadium in Storrs for the foreseeable future. Howling at the moon for this to happen is a waste of energy. The only criticism from the original article that the clown referenced was that the stadium was too small.

Reaction Score
I am not saying it can’t be improved but have you been to other stadiums? 10th worst? Really… Even though our lowest of low points, my family and I have had some great times at the Rent.

Also, think about how bad the traffic was at the Rent for the NC State game? What would it be like on campus?

I think we’ve got to make a commitment to join a conference before we start breaking ground for any new stadium.
Who cares, they’d have 20,000 screaming students to fill it. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who cares, they’d have 20,000 screaming students to fill it. :rolleyes:
Hmmm…. Maybe… Winning some games would help. Did you see Rice’s stadium.. um I thought I heard some crickets during our game.

Out of all the things UConn needs to worry about fixing:
1) Conference affiliation
2) Recruiting
3) Coaching (notably aside from HC on offense / Defense / Special Teams
4) NIL
5) Maybe the stadium then?

You can make the chicken / egg argument but I still don’t see how our stadium is anywhere near the Bottom 10. Kudos to author though as he got a thread started here.

Reaction Score
The Rent is nowhere near the bottom nor is Maryland's stadium.

Reaction Score

I saw this same behavior out of them in the early 2000s with hockey. I think ESPN actively dislikes having to deal with UConn in the picture because I think it guilts them to some degree.

Reaction Score
I went to the Myrtle Beach Bowl last year and surprised how bad Coastal Carolina's stadium was. It makes the Rent look like the Taj Mahal.

I went too and I've been there for a CCU game before as well. It's the same age as The Rent (2003) and even despite the expansion to 21k, Brooks Stadium is easily behind The Rent. The only main advantage CCU has is the newer suites in the Josh Norman Fieldhouse (yes, the former Panthers cornerback). The Rent's concessions are miles ahead of Brooks and it's a full bowl, unlike the "beach" behind one of the end zones.

I don't want to crap on Brooks Stadium because it's still decent for an on-campus Sun Belt stadium, plus it's right near the baseball stadium (likely a bigger CCU sport). It's just a good example of why The Rent is still a pretty good facility that needs upgrades like any 20-year-old stadium. Of course on-campus would have a better student environment, but until someone is gonna pay to build it, The Rent is the best option.

As for this article, yeah, total clickbait. Trash it.

Reaction Score
Tell him to talk to Robert Griffin III about it.
"When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player," Griffin continued. "The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska."

↵

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom