Worse Scumbag: Chuck Neinas or Gene DiFilippo? | The Boneyard

Worse Scumbag: Chuck Neinas or Gene DiFilippo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A year and a half ago, Neinas had no problem getting a fat "headhunting" fee from Hathaway in the 'search' that gave us Paul Pasqualoni. Now he's got the balls to come out and actually use the words "The Big 5" when it comes to college football conferences, clearing killing the Big East while trying to keep the ACC viable.
Reminds me of the old Nikita Khruschev quote - You will sell us the rope we will hang you with. At least we didn't write a big check to DiFillippo.
Unless there's some backchannel stuff where Neinas is trying to steer us into a safe harbor, he should be Public Enemy No. 1 if we don't have a seat at the table when this all shakes out.

Reaction Score
In all sersiousness, I doubt GDF is a scumbag. I think he is just so far in over his head he drowned years ago. When he starting blabbing to the press about blocking UCONN last year it became crystal clear to me he's a small time administer with little grasp of the issues and even less command of his own emotions. That he is just about finished obliterating that athletic department further supports that arguement.

To be a true scumbag you have to have capacity. I don't think he has any.

Reaction Score
dogs, I'll respectfully disagree on Flipper. I think everything he's done to sabotage UConn has been done with extreme malice. If he was as good at running an athletic department as he's been at trying to destroy us, BC would have multiple Capitol One Cups.

Reaction Score
I guess it depends on your definition of "scumbag". In terms of honesty, he's been completely transparent in his desire to hurt UCONN. So much so that he's pretty much proved he's a idiot.

But, I can certainly live with calling him a scumbag too.....

Reaction Score
In all sersiousness, I doubt GDF is a scumbag. I think he is just so far in over his head he drowned years ago. When he starting blabbing to the press about blocking UCONN last year it became crystal clear to me he's a small time administer with little grasp of the issues and even less command of his own emotions. That he is just about finished obliterating that athletic department further supports that arguement.

To be a true scumbag you have to have capacity. I don't think he has any.

From what I've heard, Gene is a warm, caring, and gentle soul. Some might say salt of the earth...

Reaction Score
Did you hear that from O'Brien, Jags, Skinner or Cathy Inglese?

Reaction Score
In terms of scumbags, DiFlip is in a class all his own.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A year and a half ago, Neinas had no problem getting a fat "headhunting" fee from Hathaway in the 'search' that gave us Paul Pasqualoni. Now he's got the balls to come out and actually use the words "The Big 5" when it comes to college football conferences, clearing killing the Big East while trying to keep the ACC viable.
Reminds me of the old Nikita Khruschev quote - You will sell us the rope we will hang you with. At least we didn't write a big check to DiFillippo.
Unless there's some backchannel stuff where Neinas is trying to steer us into a safe harbor, he should be Public Enemy No. 1 if we don't have a seat at the table when this all shakes out.
You cannot blame that on Neinas. His list did not include Pasqualoni (or Whipple even) and the name at the top of the list (someone Hathaway wouldn't seriously consider), McGhee, was quite an interesting candidate (as well as someone a person as narrow minded as JH never would have discovered in his own).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You cannot blame that on Neinas. His list did not include Pasqualoni (or Whipple even) and the name at the top of the list (someone Hathaway wouldn't seriously consider), McGhee, was quite an interesting candidate (as well as someone a person as narrow minded as JH never would have discovered in his own).

Who else besides McGhee was on the list?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Who else besides McGhee was on the list?
I don't know as McGhee was the only one from the list that JH interviewed, and unfortunately that interview, which was held in Dallas (when JH had no intention of hiring McGhee) was how JH was able to fly out to interview PP with nobody knowing until after the decision was made.

Reaction Score
I don't know as McGhee was the only one from the list that JH interviewed, and unfortunately that interview, which was held in Dallas (when JH had no intention of hiring McGhee) was how JH was able to fly out to interview PP with nobody knowing until after the decision was made.

I wouldn't say unfortunately just yet. PP hasn't had a chance to build his own team. Recruiting is better, communication with the media, high school coaches and fans is better and the staff is better. I think PP may turn out very well while McGhee would be long gone after a good season. He has no ties to the area at all.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The unfortunate part wasn't that PP was hired but rather that the (high priced) professional search was used merely as a subterfuge to help land the guy JH was after from the start (but couldn't pursue in the open).

Reaction Score
The unfortunate part wasn't that PP was hired but rather that the (high priced) professional search was used merely as a subterfuge to help land the guy JH was after from the start (but couldn't pursue in the open).

Ah. I thought it seemed like an out of character post for you.

Not sure why we had to talk to PP secretly. I presume because he knew it wouldn't be a wildly popular choice?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
If that's true then I would throw Hathaway in the mix as the ultimate scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ah. I thought it seemed like an out of character post for you.

Not sure why we had to talk to PP secretly. I presume because he knew it wouldn't be a wildly popular choice?
He knew it would be a wildly unpopular choice with the biggest UConn football booster.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Really?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He knew it would be a wildly unpopular choice with the biggest UConn football booster.

I had almost forgotten about our buddy, Burton. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the money that he has given UConn. But in my opinion, that dude could use a good dose of "shut $%k up". Extra strength.

(some people wish I would take my own advice, I'm sure)

Reaction Score

Neinas could have brought Lombardi back from the dead to coach UConn football and it wouldn't have saved the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom