OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 40 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

Reaction Score
Really like what Mexico is doing. They're putting a ton of pressure on Brazil's central midfielders. Preventing Brazil from building through the middle. Then creating turnovers and attacking down the flank with long balls.

Reaction Score
Brazil starting to find something.

It's like Mexico got tired all of a sudden.

Reaction Score

The style they were playing (pressure defense on not just ball but potential passes and overloading middle) was extremely tiring. They then had trouble being first to the ball when their defense cleared and Brazil was able to establish more possession.

Reaction Score

Yeah, that didn't last long. Oh well, they need to take on Russia's strategy and pack the box while going for winner balls or hold for a pk toss up.

Reaction Score
I think the 2nd half will mirror the first-Mexico will come out strong and with lots of energy, but Brazil will find space in the middle after 15 minutes or so.

This is assuming Mexico doesn't score....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mexico attacking early. No Marcelo. Marquez in. This could be quite a game.

It's even worse for Brazil in the back when you think about it. No Marcelo, on top of no alves nor danilo. They are thin. And I don't like Felipe Luis. He would rather play striker than defense Lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The style they were playing (pressure defense on not just ball but potential passes and overloading middle) was extremely tiring. They then had trouble being first to the ball when their defense cleared and Brazil was able to establish more possession.

They are going to be forced to sub Rafael Marquez soon as a result.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, that didn't last long. Oh well, they need to take on Russia's strategy and pack the box while going for winner balls or hold for a pk toss up.

Unlike Russia, Mexico has more than enough to effectively counter attack Brazil. They can score.

Reaction Score
Mexico barely had a single scoring opportunity. Why did Chicharito get subbed out so early?

Reaction Score
Mexico barely had a single scoring opportunity. Why did Chicharito get subbed out so early?

Most of them in the first 20 mins.

Chicharito was injured. Dos Santos replaced him.

Brasil is really good. And deep.

Reaction Score
These past few Brazil teams are really unlikable and I can not think of a player I detest more than neymar, a cry baby, always on the ground, faking injuries and such a poor sport in general.

No one caught that nonsense he pulled when the Mexican player went to take the soccer ball?? He is everything wrong with soccer today and yellow cards need to be given for trash behavior like that. How much time did brazil waste laying on the ground, way way more than the average team. God Belgium better beat Japan and thrash brazil and karma will catch up to neymar eventually after faking so many injuries.

To make watching Brazil bearable maybe we can take a shot everytime neymar goes to the ground, could be drunk by the end of the game though. If neymar was a college ball player he would play for Duke and be just as punchable as grayson allen.

IMG_20180702_100807.png

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Meixco needed to score with that first burst and then conserve energy/turtle/counter, but didn't work out. But hey, you're playing Brazil. I admire the guts.

Yep, I actually liked the strategy. Especially as Brasil tends to get more solid as the game goes on and they settle in.

Felt like Mexico needed to attack the outside backs more. Brasil's weakness.

Reaction Score
These past few Brazil teams are really unlikable and I can not think of a player I detest more than neymar, a cry baby, always on the ground, faking injuries and such a poor sport in general.

No one caught that nonsense he pulled when the Mexican player went to take the soccer ball?? He is everything wrong with soccer today and yellow cards need to be given for trash behavior like that. How much time did brazil waste laying on the ground, way way more than the average team. God Belgium better beat Japan and thrash brazil and karma will catch up to neymar eventually after faking so many injuries.

To make watching Brazil bearable maybe we can take a shot everytime neymar goes to the ground, could be drunk by the end of the game though. If neymar was a college ball player he would play for Duke and be just as punchable as grayson allen.

View attachment 32625
I don't like him either for the exact same reason. The diving in general has got to stop, it's ridiculous. My kids (12 and 17) play the game, and no one is dropping like that and rolling around on the ground.

Reaction Score
I don't like him either for the exact same reason. The diving in general has got to stop, it's ridiculous. My kids (12 and 17) play the game, and no one is dropping like that and rolling around on the ground.
The only thing left to do is make fun I guess.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

View attachment 32625

I admire this level of commitment to hate. For sure, Neymar is waaaay too dramatic too the point of annoyance. To be fair, he does get fouled more than any other player (not because he goes down easily, but because of water bug quickness). But I could def do without the dramatics.

As far as stalling, I don't think Brasil in general (sans Neymar) does it much more than any other sides.

I really like Coutinho. He's the key for Brasil. Their biggest problem up front is they have too many good attacking players haha

Casemiro out for the next match could cause them problems with De Bruyne. Assuming Belgium makes it through.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's all on FIFA and the refs. They reward that behavior with calls. Until they start carding for dramatics, it will continue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom