Word on the street: BYU... | The Boneyard

Word on the street: BYU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Is set to join the Big XII on Saturday, per a Baylor site.

Rut-roh!...

Reaction Score
I guess the next question is does Mizzou stay or go?

Reaction Score
They're just getting their information from a paid site at bearcatlair which is claiming BYU, TCU, UofL, Cincy to Big 12. Baylor paid site picked it up.

I wonder if Gladchuk at navy is still thinking of coming on board!

Reaction Score
Yup. If they stay WVU goes SEC if not WVU goes Big 12. WVU and Mizzou will not both be in the new Big 12.

It'll be interesting to see what the SEC does next. I don't know why people are assuming WV. The end game for them could be ACC or Oklahoma, Okie St. For that reason, the SEC may stay put at 13 for a period of time.

Reaction Score
Well the Cincy paid site is reporting Cincy, TCU, UofL, WVU,, BYU all to the Big 12. It's on twitter so it has to be true!

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see what the SEC does next. I don't know why people are assuming WV. The end game for them could be ACC or Oklahoma, Okie St. For that reason, the SEC may stay put at 13 for a period of time.
Florida State's, Clemson's and Va Tech's buyouts increase $4.7MM on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Well the Cincy paid site is reporting Cincy, TCU, UofL, WVU,, BYU all to the Big 12. It's on twitter so it has to be true!

That would make 14 if Mizzou stays or 13 if they leave. The fact that the Mizzou chancellor resigned from the expansion comittee right before expansion is announces seems significant. I'm sure they will not stay at 13 if Mizzou is in fact leaving and they would be stupid to leave schools in the NYC/New England area and florida on the board homeless if they are there for the taking. They aren't waiting for ND I'm sure.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU saying yes is much better than BYU saying no. It means that Missouri is likely staying, because BYU would likely not join the Big 12 alone if Missouri was leaving. And this increases the chance that no Big East teams are poached since a lot of the more credible chatter is the Big 12 wants 10 teams, no more.

Pretty much every credible source on expansion has been reporting BYU as the favorite for the Big 12 since about 10 minutes after Texas A&M announced they were leaving.

Reaction Score
BYU saying yes is much better than BYU saying no. It means that Missouri is likely staying, because BYU would likely not join the Big 12 alone if Missouri was leaving. And this increases the chance that no Big East teams are poached since a lot of the more credible chatter is the Big 12 wants 10 teams, no more.

Pretty much every credible source on expansion has been reporting BYU as the favorite for the Big 12 since about 10 minutes after Texas A&M announced they were leaving.

I want out of this conference so I really hope that the 6 football schools are planning to defect on Sunday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This is far more likely. They may go to 12, but probably not now. Once the Pac 12 potential raid ended, I never thought Mizzou would leave.

Reaction Score
This is far more likely. They may go to 12, but probably not now. Once the Pac 12 potential raid ended, I never thought Mizzou would leave.

Mizzou is leaving the Big12 as soon as next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom