Womens Memorabilia...FYI | The Boneyard

Womens Memorabilia...FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This post is meant for those that do not get a hard copy of The Hartford Courant and collect UCONN women's basketball memorabilia. Todays edition included a nice (opinion) 55 page magazine titled WINNERS.
Breaking Records: Geno Scores 11th Title Huskies Win Four In A Row. THEIR STORY IN PICTURES
A few shots from each championship and comments on Geno from team members over the years.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
This magazine apparently is being sold at stores separately...and it is worth the price.
The pictures are wonderful.....the comments from former players about Geno in terms of
basketball and life are inspiring.

Second best picture: Pat and Geno smiling after a joke prior to the 2004 championship game.
Uhhh...the only reason Pat was smiling was that it was taken pregame....not afterwards!

Best picture by far: the one taken of Polly and the bench after her late basket against Syracuse.
Years from now any UConn fan will look at that and it will bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.
I can envision Dr. Pulido talking to her grandchildren about the shot and explaining how important her basket was and how explains the joyful reaction of all team members. And in a way...she will be right.

BTW: Can Bon-Bon dunk? The elevation she gets as Polly runs down the court is amazing. If Mo does that near the basket, I swear it looks like she could throw it down.

If you don't have this magazine, track it down.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
co-worker left a copy for me, knowing that I'm a huge UConn Huskies Women's Basketball fan... and I have my own since I subscribe to the Courant :oops:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If one wishes to order the Courant Commemorative, simply
click on the red block, "Add to Cart" shown on the above
attachment. (It's ALIVE!)
how much are they?

(EDIT) I see... $6.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online