WNBA Standings at the All-Star Break | The Boneyard

WNBA Standings at the All-Star Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Atlanta is comfortably leading the East, but the remaining spots are up for grabs. The Mystics won a big one last night in LA.

The Lynx are 2 GB from Phoenix for the top spot in the West and are expecting Augustus and Brunson back at some point after the break. The 3rd and 4th spots currently belong to SA and LA but Seattle and Tulsa are within striking distance. So much for the Sparks turning the corner; a bad loss to a tired Mystics team last night.

The remainder of the season should be fun.

http://www.wnba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
In the East have to think Chicago will start to play better once EDD comes back. Predict Atlanta, Indiana, Chicago & Liberty will make the playoffs in the East. Predicting Chicago based on the assumption EDD is back shortly. I would like to see both the Sun & Liberty not make the playoffs so both teams 1st round picks are in the lottery. CT Sun own Liberty's 1st round pick.

In the West, Phoenix, Minn, LA and San Antonio will make the playoffs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LA is up and down. They seem to need a big effort from Tolliver to grab a win. Parker puts up big numbers, but her talent-laden team has a losing record.

Right now, Phoenix looks very tough. Dee and Britney are obviously impact players, and Dupree and Taylor are healthy and playing well. It will take a big effort from Maya et al. or Angel et al. to beat them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
LA is up and down. They seem to need a big effort from Tolliver to grab a win. Parker puts up big numbers, but her talent-laden team has a losing record.

Right now, Phoenix looks very tough. Dee and Britney are obviously impact players, and Dupree and Taylor are healthy and playing well. It will take a big effort from Maya et al. or Angel et al. to beat them.

I was able to watch the 4th quarter of last night's Mystics/Sparks game. Neither team played particularly well but the Sparks missed multiple opportunities to take over the game by throwing the ball away. Parker didn't have a particularly good game but the Sparks' guard play was (again) terrible.

Penny Taylor is one of my favorite players and I'm thrilled she is healthy and playing well again.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Mine too, the Mercury do have the Australian connection going on.

Reaction Score
Connecticut already has 10 wins, based on the number of predictions showing them dead last I suspect that's about as many wins as anyone expected from their entire season. They have a third of their schedule left to eclipse that mark, might even make the playoffs. In the meantime, if one of their lottery possibilities turned into KML, what better tutor and mentor for her personally than Katie Douglas?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Penny Taylor was top 5-10 in the world about 4 years ago. She's really, really good.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Three teams in the entire league with a winning record - it appears that WCBB lack of parity continues in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
The LA Sparks need more basketballs to satisfy all the big egos on that team, one isn't enough ! Parker, Tolliver, Harding, Beard, Lavender, etal!
The only player on the roster I like is Nneka Ogwumike
I've never liked the Sparks, with Lisa Leslie & Delisa Milton-Jones...........................

Some major star players have been injured and when/if they come back this season will make a huge difference in the final standings:
Chicago Sky- - -Courtney Vandersloot, EDD (Sylvia Fowles just got back from injury)
MN Linx- - -Rebekkah Brunson, Seimone Augustus (Monica Wright just got back from injury)
Seattle Storm- - -Lauren Jackson, out the whole season
Tulsa Shock- - -Liz Cambridge, out the whole season
Indiana Fever- - -(just got Tamika Catchings back from injury)

Hopefully the CT Sun will lose every game the rest of the season so management will fire Anne Donovan, the worst coach in the WNBA! Ms. Personality!

A final thought on the WNBA------ They should use the final records to set up teams for the draft, NOT the Lottery! 3 years ago Tulsa had the worst record by far and LA got Nneka O. in the Lottery because C. Parker was hurt or pregnant that season and the next year, Washington stunk and should have gotten B. Griner, but PHX got the pick when they held DT out the last 10 games of the season with a minor injury to get into the Lottery pick!
Think of the parity the WNBA would have now if Nneka was on Tulsa and Griner was on Washington!
The NBA can get away with a lottery but the WNBA with only 12 teams need to spread the wealth by strict won/lost records!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If you reward teams for losing, like Phoenix was, the incentive to lose outweighs the incentive to win, and results in a lousy product.

Reaction Score
They can't deep-six the Lottery until the name Patrick Ewing doesn't mean anything to anyone anymore.

Reaction Score
The LA Sparks need more basketballs to satisfy all the big egos on that team, one isn't enough ! Parker, Tolliver, Harding, Beard, Lavender, etal!
The only player on the roster I like is Nneka Ogwumike
I've never liked the Sparks, with Lisa Leslie & Delisa Milton-Jones.......

Some major star players have been injured and when/if they come back this season will make a huge difference in the final standings:
Chicago Sky- - -Courtney Vandersloot, EDD (Sylvia Fowles just got back from injury)
MN Linx- - -Rebekkah Brunson, Seimone Augustus (Monica Wright just got back from injury)
Seattle Storm- - -Lauren Jackson, out the whole season
Tulsa Shock- - -Liz Cambridge, out the whole season
Indiana Fever- - -(just got Tamika Catchings back from injury)

Hopefully the CT Sun will lose every game the rest of the season so management will fire Anne Donovan, the worst coach in the WNBA! Ms. Personality!

A final thought on the WNBA------ They should use the final records to set up teams for the draft, NOT the Lottery! 3 years ago Tulsa had the worst record by far and LA got Nneka O. in the Lottery because C. Parker was hurt or pregnant that season and the next year, Washington stunk and should have gotten B. Griner, but PHX got the pick when they held DT out the last 10 games of the season with a minor injury to get into the Lottery pick!
Think of the parity the WNBA would have now if Nneka was on Tulsa and Griner was on Washington!
The NBA can get away with a lottery but the WNBA with only 12 teams need to spread the wealth by strict won/lost records!

Long time lurker, new poster here.

I hope you're wrong. The Sun are a fun team to watch [yes the turnovers give me heart failure but they're young, stuff happens] and I think Coach Donovan is doing a good job. As for her personality I don't think she's here to win Miss Congeniality. I don't know her except from what I have seen of her on TV and read/heard in the media but she comes across to me as a quiet & thoughtful person which is a nice change from coaches who think they're all that and more. As for her demeanor on the sidelines maybe she thinks she has to stay extra calm to keep her players from getting too up or down during the course of a game. Young teams are notorious for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom