WNBA Draft (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft (merged)

Reaction Score
I would take Cardoso with the 2nd pick for sure. Cameron is going to be pushed around in the WNBA and she couldn't stay out of foul trouble in college in big games. Aaliyah and Angel are both really good players but Angel is a better all around player right now and I think she helped her stock toward the end of the season and Aaliyah I think lost a little luster especially how badly she got outplayed by a smaller forward/post against Iowa. She also missed a lot of bunnies this year when she wasn't being defended particularly close. On the upside though she has the perfect WNBA build and when she doesn't have to be the whole inside game she might shine.

In the end if I was the GM I would pick Aaliyah and it has nothing to do with her playing skills. As far as attitude goes I love Aaliyah and I think once she moves to the 4 and cleans up a couple parts of her game she is going to be a great WNBA player.

Reaction Score
I just don’t think you can miss with Aaliyah, while Angel is going to have to learn a completely new skill. Sure, she’s a good rebounder but cannot shoot to save her life! Her social media imprint is all well and good but how is that gonna put the ball through the hoop? In college she has been able to overcome her lack of a shot as there are relatively few of the big behemoths in the post of the sort that give her so much trouble. There are lots of bigger players in the W and if she is unable to bring them out away from the hoop with her shot, she is going to be in for a long day.

Reaction Score
I would take Cardoso with the 2nd pick for sure. Cameron is going to be pushed around in the WNBA and she couldn't stay out of foul trouble in college in big games. Aaliyah and Angel are both really good players but Angel is a better all around player right now and I think she helped her stock toward the end of the season and Aaliyah I think lost a little luster especially how badly she got outplayed by a smaller forward/post against Iowa. She also missed a lot of bunnies this year when she wasn't being defended particularly close. On the upside though she has the perfect WNBA build and when she doesn't have to be the whole inside game she might shine.

In the end if I was the GM I would pick Aaliyah and it has nothing to do with her playing skills. As far as attitude goes I love Aaliyah and I think once she moves to the 4 and cleans up a couple parts of her game she is going to be a great WNBA player.

I disagree with this. Angel's game is rebounds and put backs. Not much foot work and no outside shot.

Reaction Score
GLN0A4-XMAA2xNJ.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cameron is going to be pushed around in the WNBA
Why do people keep insisting this? Her Fr. year I watched her play against Pili and Angel Jackson from USC, and Lauren Miller from UCLA. All very large players. They all tried to back her down in the low post, and she held her ground against all of them. That was 4 years ago. There is nobody in the WNBA currently bigger than Crooks from Iowa St. While she was able to move Brink to some degree, Cameron absolutely ate her up defensively. Crooks was 3-21 shooting. Some of that was also Iriafen, but it was mostly Brink. She is thin, that doesn't mean she's weak. People have been wrong about this for 4 years. Wake up America!

Reaction Score
I'm surprised to see that Nika isn't standing directly in front of CC.....
The photo clearly shows Clark attempting to straight arm her. Nika moved slightly to her right to avoid having the ref call a blocking foul on her for contact initiated by Clark.

Reaction Score
Honestly think Indiana should try to snag a pick and draft angel reese for fun. I think Clark, Boston, Reese is some major talent. Worry about the rest later. Honestly trade smith to a team like Washington for their pick and like a pick swap next year. I like Smith a lot tho, just a thought.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Just thinking out loud about the 7th pick, now belonging to the Chicago Sky.
- When that trade, many journalists and posters (including me) thought it was a sign that Chicago knew exactly who they wanted to draft and that's why they dealt resources to move up all of one slot.

Could that be Angel Reese? Granted, she's lacking in offensive diversity, but has the defensive intensity and drive for rebounding that Coach Teresa Witherspoon would like.

- Interestingly, the Sky have a player who does that right now: Brianna Turner, who came over in the Copper trade and has a guaranteed contract this season. Is this duplication? Or, could Sky management want to take advantage of having Breezy Bri -- a noted professional and even-keeled sort -- serve as a mentor for Angel Reese for a season (before Bri comes off the books for the Sky)?

- If the Sky goes through with this, they'll have a lot of "defense-first" players with Turner, Reese and Elizabeth Williams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom