WNBA Draft 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2019

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll have to see more of Durr this year. She has a very good shot, but I don't have any strong memory of her being strong in any other category. right now I would give Arike the nod on a guard to guard comparison. Laimbeer was obviously trolling for phone calls the other day, but I don't know that any #1 this year will get him a premier starter in trade.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Zandalasini is more of a SF/SG than a post. She could be slotted at guard too if needed. They also have the rights to a lot of overseas guards. The Lynx post situation is dire. They need to find a solution to it quick or it’s going to be another disappointing season.
They have Fagbenle and maybe still Brunson. Plus Maya plays PF in their small lineup. Of course, they still have Sylvia. Hopefully, she’ll be 100%.

Do they still have the rights to Anna Cruz? Any other prospects?

I think they need help everywhere but SF and maybe C.

Reaction Score
Do they still have the rights to Anna Cruz? Any other prospects?

Yes, they have the rights to a handful of guards, but only Cruz and Elhtova seem to have any real value.

Trust me, the post situation is dire. Maya should only be used as an emergency backup. I want to get to the point where there is no more emergencies, so unless they can score some key free agent posts, it starts with drafting a post.

I’m pretty sure Reeve is targeting a local guard in the second round. That’s why she accumulated second round picks. There’s other second round guards I fancy, like Cierra Dillard from Buffalo. She kinda reminds me of Ogunbowale.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seimone and Tanisha will be 35 next season. Both are beyond their prime. Danielle is coming off major surgery. Alexis was a top high school recruit and effective at Duke but hasn't proven she can play at this level after injuries. She has potential. I think that Fagbenle and Zandalasini will be key players next year. Maya and Sylvia are elite, but there are lots of question marks beyond them. I would not mind at all if they pick Ezi and can convince her to sign. But the window of Sylvia being an elite player is narrowing.

The Lynx have needs everywhere. Offensively Augustus, Wright, Jones and DRob could be the worst quartet of guards in the WNBA next season.

Reaction Score
Reeve obviously values DRob. Already signed her before seeing what she could get in RFA in February.

Basically no post bench and Brunson may decide to retire. Not a good situation. Fowles has an elbow issue. If she decides to have surgery on it, then even more yikes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom