WNBA Attendance to Date | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Attendance to Date

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is this the last move for New York before they move elsewhere? Not playing in the City is a huge loss for the Liberty. Playing at a small venue will hurt this team and I think quickly. Just sad for one of the original teams. Hope that they can hang though and not fall by the wayside like Houston did.

They should have played at St. John's or even Manhattan before moving out to the hinterlands.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
They should have played at St. John's or even Manhattan before moving out to the hinterlands.
Unless Manhattan has changed their facility in the last 20 or so years, um, no. Plus, it isn't in Manhattan. Large gym of bleachers with a track around it, at least when I was there. We went to see Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols in Manhattan's tournament, maybe related to Holdsclaw. But if it hasn't been improved at all, I think it would be worse than what I can see of where they are.

Now, St. John's wouldn't be bad (although it is a smallish arena). But it probably isn't really convenient for a lot of folks, and IIRC it is buried a bit on campus. Saw Kym Hampton of the Liberty there when we went for a Rutgers game.

Reaction Score

It’s the same place the Knicks’ G League team (Westchester Knicks) plays. It’s close to their practice facility and the player apartments, so it’s a convenient location in that way.

If he’s getting sellouts, I could see Dolan holding onto the team long term. He still gets his share of the broadcast rights for the team.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It’s the same place the Knicks’ G League team (Westchester Knicks) plays. It’s close to their practice facility and the player apartments, so it’s a convenient location in that way.

If he’s getting sellouts, I could see Dolan holding onto the team long term. He still gets his share of the broadcast rights for the team.

It's actually not very convenient, talking to fans as well as Mel Greenberg. Dolan doesn't give a lick about the team. Fanbase is rightly pissed about the move.

As for the advertising - I love the brave choice. Considering the times, it's amazing folks don't realize sports is politics. Especially women's sports.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

A team in NYC needs to play close to a subway line. Westchester might be close to Metro North, but it's not the same. Besides, I don't see the WNBA as a popular suburban sport so their fan base is in the city.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom