WNBA 2024 season | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 season

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She had a good career in the league and stuck around far longer than many. I recall her play at Duke and she probably exceeded expectations in the W.

The only players left from that draft class is Vandersloot and Colson . Looking back at that draft class, rhe majority either never amounted to much, or only played a few years.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Here's a story on it...seems the wear and tear are taking a toll.....(Know your body and respond to it, if you can do so.)

https://www./wnba/dallas-wings/awak-kuier-to-miss-the-2024-wnba-season/

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Mid-season round-up on Risers and Fallers in the Upcoming Draft.

Stock Up: Alissa Pili (Utah), Leilani Correa (St. Johns/Florida)
Stock Down: Celeste Taylor, Maddie Scherr, Nika Muhl

https://www./features/stock-up-stock-down-biggest-wnba-draft-risers-and-fallers/

Dillon77

Reaction Score
WNBA Free Agency: Teams/FA's Can Talk Now; Offers Can Be Made Feb. 1

To get a quick primer/reminder, here's an ESPNw roundtable discussion, covering Skylar Diggins-Smith, Jordin Canada, Elena Della Donne and others.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
N. Ogwumike set to leave Sparks for free agency

Wow, any takers on where Nneka will land?
Let's have some fun, here. She'll completely reverse coasts and head to the Mystics, who will completely blow up their team as we know it (no EDD, no Cloud).

On the other hand, if Parker doesn't return to the ACES, would Nneka and/or EDD be willing to be a clog in the very good machine to make a run at a title in 2024?

Reaction Score
Let's have some fun, here. She'll completely reverse coasts and head to the Mystics, who will completely blow up their team as we know it (no EDD, no Cloud).

On the other hand, if Parker doesn't return to the ACES, would Nneka and/or EDD be willing to be a clog in the very good machine to make a run at a title in 2024?
If Nneka joins the Aces, might as well engrave their names on the trophy now.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
WHAT IF...Diggins and Nneka end up on the same team? With Jewell in Seattle? With Copper in Chicago?

Or maybe Nneka joins DT and BG in Phoenix? or AGray and R. Howard in Atlanta?

And as for Canada...she could dominate the PG market and pretty much pick her team i'd think.

and then you have EDD looking to leave too...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I read she’s meeting with Seattle and New York
Interesting. I saw a note last night that JJ is leaning toward staying with NY. That would make for a crowded front court.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mid-season round-up on Risers and Fallers in the Upcoming Draft.

Stock Up: Alissa Pili (Utah), Leilani Correa (St. Johns/Florida)
Stock Down: Celeste Taylor, Maddie Scherr, Nika Muhl

I'm not a fan of Em Adler's work and nothing about this take changes that.

Such a strange take on Nika Muhl. I have no idea where Muhl appears on mock drafts -- I've never paid any attention to them -- but to suggest that Muhl's play this season would cause her stock, whatever it's original value, to fall is just bizarre.

With all that has occurred with the UConn program this season, including Nika's role on the team having to change yet again, she's had a pretty good season. She is averaging a career high in points per game, shooting percentage and 3-pt percentage. Nika is playing 6 fewer minutes this season than she did last season. As UConn was trying to restructure its offense after the loss of Azzi, Caroline and Aubrey, Nika had a few games with too many turnovers. Despite that, her current A/TO (123/48) ratio of 2.6 is also the best of her career. At her current pace, she has a chance to finish the season as UConn's all-time assist leader. She's done this while being a tenacious defender.

She's done exactly what her team has needed her to do.

K14

Reaction Score
I was actually surprised that Las Vegas wasn’t one of the teams she already met with or is scheduled to meet with. It could have reunited with her Parker and Gray.

I might be crazy but does anyone think that New York could move Stewart to the wing that way they could play JJ, Nneka, and Stewie at the same time. I mean It would create a huge mismatch on both sides. Plus they could tinker with vandersloot and Ionescu or ionescu and Laney in the lineup as the other 2 guards.

I guess it’s a thing of if she wants to win now or help build. I really would love to see her in NY.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
There is also the possibility of the available free agents joining to make a new super team?

Let's just say both SDD and Nneka end up in Seattle. A lineup of:

SDD
Loyd
Nurse/Horston
Nneka
Ezi

is pretty stacked.

PLUS Seattle has the #4 pick and could grab a Cardoso or Rickea Jackson or A. Edwards]

Or if...Nneka and Canada go to Atlanta?

J. Canada
A. Gray
R. Howard
C. Parker
Nneka

Would also be pretty intimidating.

Also, assuming both Canada and Nneka leave the Sparks, and assuming Clark, Brink, Paige all go to the draft, that actually leaves a gaping whole at both the PG and C spot for their #2 pick.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
There is also the possibility of the available free agents joining to make a new super team?

Let's just say both SDD and Nneka end up in Seattle. A lineup of:

SDD
Loyd
Nurse/Horston
Nneka
Ezi

is pretty stacked.

Or if...Nneka and Canada go to Atlanta?

J. Canada
A. Gray
R. Howard
C. Parker
Nneka

Would also be pretty intimidating. [Not to mention they have the #4 pick and could grab a Cardoso or Rickea Jackson or A. Edwards]

Also, assuming both Canada and Nneka leave the Sparks, and assuming Clark, Brink, Paige all go to the draft, that actually leaves a gaping whole at both the PG and C spot for their #2 pick.
Interesting concepts. Besides Seattle and Loyd, I can see SDS being drawn to Chicago where I think she and Witherspoon would be on the same page and she could work with Copper and Mabrey, two other driven sorts. Plus, she's a stone's throw from her hometown and alma mater of South Bend/Notre Dame.

Regarding LA, the concept of Bueckers/Clark being based in LA would make their agents/ eyes and ears burn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom