Without Gilbert and Larrier | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Without Gilbert and Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Calipari, that creep, usually waits until they start underachieving to blame youth. When they play well, he takes credit, when they don't, he says "guys, we're playing all freshmen...what do you expect, they have upperclassmen."
I hate that too. He does that after every loss and did it at halftime and after the game against Louisville. He can recruit ones and done and I don't care but then then don't turn around and blame your troubles on youth. He put himself in that situation on purpose. It just sounds like whining and excuse making.

Reaction Score
Really, that's not at all true.

Calipari, that creep, usually waits until they start underachieving to blame youth. When they play well, he takes credit, when they don't, he says "guys, we're playing all freshmen...what do you expect, they have upperclassmen."

It's one of the most prominent reasons I hate his guts, amongst millions.

So So True!! That's something you will hear year in year out from the scum after they fail to win yet again with America's best Perp players on the team. Love it too, can only laugh.

And yet the hayseeds adore him LOL

Reaction Score
No, we should be more like Jim Calhoun and recruit players the caliber of Ray Allen, Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, Khalid El Aim, Caron Butler, Ben Gordon and Kemba Walker. I don't think any of the current players are even close to this level. And, I hate Kentucky as much as the next fan. I love that UConn has beaten them in Final Four and NC, but there is something about being really good consistently (reloading, not rebuilding).

Lot of those guys Calhoun developed on his own. That's why he's the GOAT. We will never have another one of him. So keep dreaming.

Reaction Score
Highly doubt it...but sure hope you are right. If he is, we should get ready to hang another banner in Stores.

While I don't think it is even possible, I'd say Adams looks better than Kemba and Shabazz as sophomores. Probably even with Kemba, but better than Shabazz.

Reaction Score
I love JA as much as the next guy but this is delusional even for the BY. Amongst Ray Allen, Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, Khalid El Aim, Caron Butler, Ben Gordon and Kemba Walker you're talking about All Americans, national championship winners, a future NBA hall of famer - the best that have ever put the uconn uniform on. Let's get realistic here.

The Kemba comparison is a good one. Don't agree on the others. But Kemba took awhile to hit his stride. Same with Shabazz. Gordon, Butler, Khalid, Rip and Ray were ahead sophomore years.

If Jalen takes the next step up into his junior year, you can easily compare him to Kemba and Shabazz. In fact, we've seen a lot of players take that extra step as upperclassmen, even Ryan Boatright. As a senior, he was a totally different player than he was a sophomore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom