With the AAC now the conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

With the AAC now the conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terrific dialogue. Some very good points by all.
This is good for the forum.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think one thing that has been more true of WCBB than the men's sports is that historically conference 'strength' has really meant the top 1-3 teams in a league - SEC was TN and then at various times LSU or Vanderbilt or Georgia but seldom more than two at a time and sometimes only really one or zero. BE was Uconn and ND or Rutgers or Louisville, Big12 has been a rotating group of TX. OK, Baylor, A&M. Pac10 - Stanford and ..., Big10 - rotating. The premium competitions have always been across conference with the recent exceptions being perhaps Uconn/ND and previously Uconn/Rutgers, Duke/UNC or Maryland, and TN/LSU. But the idea of a conference consistently having two teams challenging for final four places just isn't a reality except for the BE which no longer exists.
Fans tout conference 'strength' but the BIG12 has led in that category for a number of years and most of us would have considered the BE a 'stronger' conference - the difference being the bottom half of the BE was pretty dreadful vs the Big12 while the top end was much stronger for the BE. The fact that the BE has had 10 teams in the final four over the last 5 years is an exceptional run and the fact it involves three teams is also exceptional - the run of LSU and TN from 2004-2008 is the next closest at 9

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One thing about the AAC I have noticed is that it has not yet been added to any of the conference pull-downs on internet scoreboards yet. No sign of even the existence of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Recruits don't commit to a conference. They commit to a college.

There is more history of winning at Uconn than any school not named Tennessee.

Conference affiliation is way at the bottom for recruits on their lists of where to go.

Excellent point, Doggydaddy!

Ballnprepgirls.com last week featured interviews with A'ja Wilson ('14) and Asia Durr ('15.)

In the article, Asia Wilson mentions a great environment. Uconn is building a state of the art practice facility that also feature study areas among many other amazing features. Also, Uconn has some of the best student and non student fans in the country.
A'ja Wilson (2014) interview excerpt:
BP What are you looking for in a school, coach, style of play, does it matter if they are male or female?
AW School- just a all around great environment.
Coach- someone I can talk to about anything.
Style of play- not always running a play everytime just playing basketball
And no I don’t care male or female.
BP What will be the deciding factors on you picking a school?
AW Not sure I guess it’s just gonna come to me.
Asia Durr ('15) mentions national championships as well as a school that will help her be successful.
Asia Durr (2015) interview excerpt:
BP: In regards to your recruitment Do you have any favorites?
AD: No, I don’t have any favorites, just taking the process slow.
BP: What are you looking for in a school, coach, style of play, does it matter if they are male or female?
AD: What I’m looking for in a school is great academics, a school that is going to help me be successful, achieve my goal, the style, constantly pushing the ball up the court. It doesn’t matter if they are male or female.
BP: What will be the deciding factors on you picking a school?
AD: The deciding factors on me picking a school is it has to feel like home to me. A great relationship with the coaches and players, a school where I can lead them to multiple national championships.
BP: I know your big on family so will distance be a deciding factor?
AD: No distance won’t be a problem. I know wherever I choose to go, my parents and family are going to support me.

The link to the full interviews is below:
http://www.ballnprepgirls.com/?p=3925

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Excellent point, Doggydaddy!

Ballnprepgirls.com last week featured interviews with A'ja Wilson ('14) and Asia Durr ('15.)

In the article, Asia Wilson mentions a great environment. Uconn is building a state of the art practice facility that also feature study areas among many other amazing features. Also, Uconn has some of the best student and non student fans in the country.
A'ja Wilson (2014) interview excerpt:
BP What are you looking for in a school, coach, style of play, does it matter if they are male or female?
AW School- just a all around great environment.
Coach- someone I can talk to about anything.
Style of play- not always running a play everytime just playing basketball
And no I don’t care male or female.
BP What will be the deciding factors on you picking a school?
AW Not sure I guess it’s just gonna come to me.
Asia Durr ('15) mentions national championships as well as a school that will help her be successful.
Asia Durr (2015) interview excerpt:
BP: In regards to your recruitment Do you have any favorites?
AD: No, I don’t have any favorites, just taking the process slow.
BP: What are you looking for in a school, coach, style of play, does it matter if they are male or female?
AD: What I’m looking for in a school is great academics, a school that is going to help me be successful, achieve my goal, the style, constantly pushing the ball up the court. It doesn’t matter if they are male or female.
BP: What will be the deciding factors on you picking a school?
AD: The deciding factors on me picking a school is it has to feel like home to me. A great relationship with the coaches and players, a school where I can lead them to multiple national championships.
BP: I know your big on family so will distance be a deciding factor?
AD: No distance won’t be a problem. I know wherever I choose to go, my parents and family are going to support me.

The link to the full interviews is below:
http://www.ballnprepgirls.com/?p=3925

Nope, didn't see conference as a reason one way or the other.

I won't believe it will make a difference until I hear a direct quote from a recruit saying that was the reason or even the tie breaker between two colleges.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How many schools have won multiple NCs in the last decade? The last 20?

UCONN, TN, Baylor?

UCONN by far the most consistent.

Reaction Score
I keep wondering why some Horde member with a column to fill doesn't survey the last 20 kids who we landed and who got away on what their reasons were. Put some thought into the questions and it seems like it would be a pretty easy story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom