Wish the fat, overweight team was still around. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wish the fat, overweight team was still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am thinking we have 10-12k season tickets sold next season.

Reaction Score
The fat, overweight team had much more pride and spunk than the trimmed down, in shape, love and care squad.

Rewatch the 3 wins from last year and the 2 from this year - the sidelines have a completely different demeanor.

And watch the 9 losses (even watch most of Temple game) - same team; same result? NOPE.
Now, watch this team against ECU and UCF - same result? no.
What's the common denominator. I'll give you a hint, it ain't the temperature or time of game.

It's easy to have fun when you're winning. Don't believe me - spend an hour reading the BY.

Reaction Score
ive no idea what the point is - you wish it was 2013 and we were 1-9 heading in to last 2 games? Remember, that team quit early in the year. if we were 10-2 you'd still be coming or you'd still drop for hockey? Is it the sport, the conference, the lack of winning, something else? I'm excited to have UConn hockey here, but my guess is that down the road when the new car smell fades and the team has a tough few years, you and your crowd of 8 will be on to the next hot thing.

UConn hockey has the potential to be huge in a state starved for hockey. Cav will only recruit up and this team will get better, much better.

Reaction Score
I think and hope you're right. Despite some delusional thinking that if the NHL were to add teams we'd get a call, college hockey is exactly what Hartford needs. Play it at a top level and they will draw decent crowds.

But, I firmly believe that in a few years, the new car smell will have passed. It's just the way things are here. M/W BB should sell out every game; even in these desperate times, CFB should draw 30k+ - they don't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It doesn't much matter but there is no way there were 24k there Saturday.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
It doesn't much matter but there is no way there were 24k there Saturday.

Didn't feel like it. But we report gate, no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't feel like it. But we report gate, no?

They have been since the middle of the last season, but there is no way they had anywhere near 24k people Saturday.

They changed it mid season last year - who knows where that number came from.

Reaction Score
Maybe there were thousands congregated in the restrooms where it was warm and the product stunk less.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Just before the first period ended, I mentioned the attendance to a guy in my section... the sideline seats did look pretty full, I was thinking we were about 14k-18k...

Reaction Score
Just before the first period ended, I mentioned the attendance to a guy in my section... the sideline seats did look pretty full, I was thinking we were about 14k-18k...
First Period? That's the hockey game, we're talking about the Football game.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
First Period? That's the hockey game, we're talking about the Football game.
sorry, is this better?

Just before the first quarter ended, I mentioned the attendance to a guy in my section... the sideline seats did look pretty full, I was thinking we were about 14k-18k...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
sorry, is this better?

Just before the first quarter ended, I mentioned the attendance to a guy in my section... the sideline seats did look pretty full, I was thinking we were about 14k-18k...

Listen he went to a game and it rained.....

Reaction Score
sorry, is this better?

There ya go. Now you've got it! No wonder attendance is down, hockey fans get to the stadium and wonder where the ice is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There ya go. Now you've got it! No wonder attendance is down, hockey fans get to the stadium and wonder where the ice is.

Since you are being a doosh about it.

In the rule book it's periods not quarters. Maybe your brain is still waterlogged from the horrid conditions at that game you went to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
Reaction Score
They're almost unwatchable ATM but I'll still getting season tickets... I won't cut off my nose to spite my face...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing that I find amazing is how many people completely forgot about last season's visits to UCF & Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
ive no idea what the point is - you wish it was 2013 and we were 1-9 heading in to last 2 games? Remember, that team quit early in the year. if we were 10-2 you'd still be coming or you'd still drop for hockey? Is it the sport, the conference, the lack of winning, something else? I'm excited to have UConn hockey here, but my guess is that down the road when the new car smell fades and the team has a tough few years, you and your crowd of 8 will be on to the next hot thing.
We did sit through countless years of Whaler ineptitude but you could be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom