Wish Facey was a junior | The Boneyard

Wish Facey was a junior

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
15 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 blocks. It seems his disappearing act after good games has come to an end.

Reaction Score
He's a four year rose blossoming at graduation. He's been around with mucho opportunities. I bet he wished he had more time though.

Reaction Score
Facey is one player who has benefited from a depleted roster. In past years, I think he was so worried about screwing up in the few minutes he would get each game that he would never shoot. Now, even if he does screw up, there isn't a better option on the bench so he continues to play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I only caught the second half and had no idea he had a good game. All I saw was chucked 3s.

Reaction Score
He's a four year rose blossoming at graduation. He's been around with mucho opportunities. I bet he wished he had more time though.
I wish I felt the same way. I wondered all of last year (and the year before for that matter) why he didn't get Phil Nolan's minutes. Facey was NY POY. Not saying that that earns him anything...but he showed flashes and then disappeared (in terms of opportunities).

He's exhibit A (in my opinion) of KO's lack of development.

Reaction Score
I wish I felt the same way. I wondered all of last year (and the year before for that matter) why he didn't get Phil Nolan's minutes. Facey was NY POY. Not saying that that earns him anything...but he showed flashes and then disappeared (in terms of opportunities).

He's exhibit A (in my opinion) of KO's lack of development

How is Facey developing from a guy that hardly played as a freshman to our best big man as a senior an example of KO's lack of development? That doesn't make any sense! Clearly he's developed in his four years under Ollie. Dude's playing the best basketball of his career right now.

Reaction Score
How is Facey developing from a guy that hardly played as a freshman to our best big man as a senior an example of KO's lack of development? That doesn't make any sense! Clearly he's developed in his four years under Ollie. Dude's playing the best basketball of his career right now.
Fair point/question.

I feel like he should have been "here" last year and instead of being a pleasant surprise with 20 games left in his career. He could have/should have been a good returning starter entering the year. But instead, we got Phil Nolan (and even Steve Enoch this year). Kenton seems like he's forced his way into playing time instead of being developed into a semi-star.

So maybe "development" is the wrong word. How about, he's been under utilized for his career? It wasn't his capabilities that held him back. Rather it was his opportunities. That's on the staff.

Reaction Score
Fair point/question.

I feel like he should have been "here" last year and instead of being a pleasant surprise with 20 games left in his career. He could have/should have been a good returning starter entering the year. But instead, we got Phil Nolan (and even Steve Enoch this year). Kenton seems like he's forced his way into playing time instead of being developed into a semi-star.

So maybe "development" is the wrong word. How about, he's been under utilized for his career? It wasn't his capabilities that held him back. Rather it was his opportunities. That's on the staff.

Hilton Armstrong didn't do anything junior year either.
Neither did Gavin Edwards.

There are players under Ollie who haven't developed:

Rodney, as much as I like him. Maybe Amidah--he has shown minor improvement this year; should have shown more.

Then there are many many players who did develop under Ollie:

Shabazz Napier
Deandre Daniels
Ryan Boatright
Niels Giffey

Facey is not in this category... YET.

Reaction Score
Fair point/question.

He improved over time. He wasn't taking Shonn Miller's minutes last year.

Reaction Score
Kentan, can't be more happy for a kid. He's working his tail off out there and having fun. Really good game again, hope it continues he's giving us a fighters chance every game with his rebounding while making the 12-15 footer at a great %. Good for him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kentan, can't be more happy for a kid. He's working his tail off out there and having fun. Really good game again, hope it continues he's giving us a fighters chance every game with his rebounding while making the 12-15 footer at a great %. Good for him.
This. Now let's get the ball into hands more.

Reaction Score
This. Now let's get the ball into hands more.

Agree but did you notice a couple of times even he questioned himself, I was po'd. He got the ball at the foul line and could've turned and shot or ball faked and driven but elected passed it out. I trust him more than anyone but Jalen to take that shot right now - shoot the ball Kentan!

Reaction Score
Fair point/question.

I couldn't agree more. In hindsight, I wish he was force fed minutes his sophomore year, especially at the 5. But who knew Amidah wouldn't develop.

Rooting for kids like KF is one of the best aspects of being a college hoops fan. Seeing it click for someone who has endured a lot makes their individual success that much sweeter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agree but did you notice a couple of times even he questioned himself, I was po'd. He got the ball at the foul line and could've turned and shot or ball faked and driven but elected passed it out. I trust him more than anyone but Jalen to take that shot right now - shoot the ball Kentan!

This is probably a reflection of his play in a more crowded front court. When he didn't make the safe play, he was benched. He can take more risks now (to his benefit), but old habits die hard. Looking like he turned a corner. Let's just hope he keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom