wisdom teeth update | The Boneyard

wisdom teeth update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got my wisdom teeth removed this morning. So far everything has been good. Not too much pain.
You guys were right it wasn't too bad, except that I don't have very good veins, which means I had to be poked 3-4 times so they could put the IV in. That was actually the worst part.
The pets(and mom of course)have all been great nurses.

Reaction Score
if you want to have fun go to a dental school to save money :

12-15 shots of Novocain because the student was clueless, and got no help from upper classman, or a 2 and 1/2 hour tooth extraction

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I had wisdom tooth out this year that a multitude of surgeons wouldn't touch because it was way too close to a nerve that
controls facial shape and expressions.
This terrif, cute Puerto Rican female type doc looked at the tooth, looked at the X-Ray and said, "piece of cake".
And so it was.
Painless, quick, the tooth was just itching to be removed
And out it came.
That's it, I asked?
Finito she said and held up this yucky, decayed mess.

Reaction Score
if you want to have fun go to a dental school to save money :

12-15 shots of Novocain because the student was clueless, and got no help from upper classman, or a 2 and 1/2 hour tooth extraction
That sounds painful. I've heard horror stories and it sure makes me glad that I was born without them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hang in there! Hopefully, you didn't lose any wisdom in the process. :)

I have a procedure coming up next month that I'll share as the date gets closer.

Reaction Score
Queer; seven replies for a toothache and just one for heart disease (UConnChappette)

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
All four of mine were impacted and my head swelled to about the size of a basketball when I had them removed. I couldn't eat solid food for 4 days and it was quite possibly the worst pain I've ever had. My best friend had his out in the morning and was back at work that afternoon. You just never know

Reaction Score
With 3rd molar removal ( wisdom teeth ), one must be on guard for a dry socket which is extremely painful & parathesia of the lower jaw !

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All four of mine were impacted and my head swelled to about the size of a basketball when I had them removed. I couldn't eat solid food for 4 days and it was quite possibly the worst pain I've ever had. My best friend had his out in the morning and was back at work that afternoon. You just never know
That's how it's been here. Mine haven't been too bad, but my sister had a rough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom