Winning is hard, damn hard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Winning is hard, damn hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All of our championship teams had that special player that when the ball was in their hands, a positive play followed. Hamilton, Caron, Okafor, Kamba and Shabazz Simply couldn’t be stopped. To me this team has a different feel to it, it seems to be more a collection of players just slightly below the above caliber. Excellent players but maybe not yet ones that can carry a team. It Will be interesting to see if one emerges over the next couple of games. Will a team full of Jeremy lambs , Oriakhi’s and El Amins be enough to overcome not having the true alpha.
This is so very accurate. If a freshman like Karaban is our go to rock, it’s a lot to hang on an inexperienced kid. We need Hawk to show up for 40 minutes every game and lead. Now is the time.

Reaction Score
View attachment 85199

Hurley should have this smug, classless face taped in the locker room pregame.
If Hurley just went zone or doubled him when he touched the ball we would have won that game! March is about coaching adjustments just as much as the players. Hurley needs to stay calm, call timeouts when needed, and lead this team to victory!!

Reaction Score
If Hurley just went zone or doubled him when he touched the ball we would have won that game! March is about coaching adjustments just as much as the players.
Look at what the other kids on that team shot that day from 3. I don't think a zone would have worked. I'm also not sure that more fully doubling Allen would have helped either.

Reaction Score
If Hurley just went zone or doubled him when he touched the ball we would have won that game! March is about coaching adjustments just as much as the players. Hurley needs to stay calm, call timeouts when needed, and lead this team to victory!!
Still this inane narrative.

The rest of the team was 7/10 from 3. Everybody had the game of their life. What the ____ are you supposed to do about that?

Reaction Score
All of our championship teams had that special player that when the ball was in their hands, a positive play followed. Hamilton, Caron, Okafor, Kamba and Shabazz Simply couldn’t be stopped. To me this team has a different feel to it, it seems to be more a collection of players just slightly below the above caliber. Excellent players but maybe not yet ones that can carry a team. It Will be interesting to see if one emerges over the next couple of games. Will a team full of Jeremy lambs , Oriakhi’s and El Amins be enough to overcome not having the true alpha.
I agree that the lack of “that guy” is an issue, but I truly think we have that guy and his name is Adama Sanogo. I don’t think we go to the big man in the last 2 minutes because we think he might turn it over. He’s a monster, he’s strong with the ball, we need to go to Adama with 10 left on the shot clock, and have him put up a 50% shot or kick to any of 3-4 guys to take an open 3 with a couple of seconds on the clock

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The rest of the team was 7/10 from 3. Everybody had the game of their life. What the ____ are you supposed to do about that?
Honestly, if the same thing happens tomorrow with Clayton Jr. and his role players, I’m not sure what you could ask Dan/team to do? We’ve been the incredibly hot team nobody could stop twice, I’m sure their fans were asking the same thing.

Reaction Score
He’s never been in the Tourney and a freshman shouldn’t be your step up guy.

He isn’t.

This is like the poster (maybe you) who said he was the team leader because he spoke during a tv broadcast.

Reaction Score
The players should know we have their backs no matter what happens, just give it your best shot and have fun tomorrow.
Yeah I’m sure that’s what they are worried about

SMH

Reaction Score
I agree that the lack of “that guy” is an issue, but I truly think we have that guy and his name is Adama Sanogo. I don’t think we go to the big man in the last 2 minutes because we think he might turn it over. He’s a monster, he’s strong with the ball, we need to go to Adama with 10 left on the shot clock, and have him put up a 50% shot or kick to any of 3-4 guys to take an open 3 with a couple of seconds on the clock
This is incorrect. It needs to be Hawk for us to have a chance of making a run

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at what the other kids on that team shot that day from 3. I don't think a zone would have worked. I'm also not sure that more fully doubling Allen would have helped either.
You do what Hulk did to Loki. Have to rattle them with extreme prejudice.

Reaction Score
I was listening to College sports talk on SXM radio and they felt that upsets on the first day helps to wake teams up for the second day. Teams play better after watching the upsets.
Nice though but if you don’t approach each game in this tournament as potential lose then you won’t be around long . .
Teams that are that full of themselves won’t ever believe it could be them .

Reaction Score
The scariest thing about this team is the lack of a clear leader who keeps everyone grounded .
I begged for Newton to become that man back in Nov as he has the coolest head and the ball in his hand on almost every play . If he plays smart and calm we will win even if the shots are not falling at a high percentage.

Reaction Score
Will a team full of Jeremy lambs , Oriakhi’s and El Amins be enough to overcome not having the true alpha.
I read your list of names … I’m not sure how to define a true alpha, but man would El Amin be a nice piece for this team. His attitude and onions might provide more of a boost than the greatness of someone like Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I read your list of names … I’m not sure how to define a true alpha, but man would El Amin be a nice piece for this team. His attitude and onions might provide more of a boost than the greatness of someone like Hamilton.
If El Amin is on this team, even if you take out any player to make room, doesn't even matter who, this team gets a 1 seed and wins it all. Same with Napier.

I'd say something similar for Kemba too. Replace anyone, dear I say even any two players and put Kemba in both players places, this team goes the distance any way.

Reaction Score
Can we now say Princeton is the greatest 15 seed ever?!?
The problem is the lower seeds ALWAYS get to play looser cause they play with house money. Our rankings are top 25. 26-68 have 0 to prove. The rest, especially the top 12-15 have everything to prove.
As long as you ignore that the Princetons and Furmans of the world actually had to play, you know, good basketball, that is a great excuse. Fact is lots of these teams are much better than they get credit for.

Reaction Score

Furthermore Allen went 0-6, then 7-7, then 1-9 prior to a couple more baskets in the last minute plus. He didn’t just torch us all night while we simply rolled over. All of his makes were high difficulty shots, and all of them were guarded. We also held them to 7 total field goals and 3 free throws from the 18 minute mark to 2 minutes left in the game.

The actual problem (in addition to their other mediocre shooters splashing threes) was that we couldn’t score. Only Whaley could buy a bucket for the first 5 minutes of the game. It was 12-8 ten minutes into the game and Whaley had 4 of those, and 6 came out of the Tyler Polley Fools Gold Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom