Will Stokes be the "X Factor" again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Photos like the one below are familiar to all concerned ---

dwhoops_1112_uconn_61_duke_45_045.jpg

--but will we see it again tonight? Or will the starting frontcourt of Stewie & Stef bring enough thunder in the middle that Kiah's role will be supporting, rather than leading as it has been in the last two Duke meetings?

Duke does have some size so I could actually see the 3 Amigos (Stef, Stewie, Kiah) on court at times tonight. The nice thing with that lineup is that Stewie could follow Liston outside as needed. Liston is an elite 3-pt shooter and at 6'1" she can get her shot off against most guards and wings. Meanwhile Kiah and Stef stay on EW and the (also) 6'3" Haley Peters, who is actually Duke's leading rebounder on a per-game and per-minute basis.

Reaction Score
Photos like the one below are familiar to all concerned ---

dwhoops_1112_uconn_61_duke_45_045.jpg

--but will we see it again tonight? Or will the starting frontcourt of Stewie & Stef bring enough thunder in the middle that Kiah's role will be supporting, rather than leading as it has been in the last two Duke meetings?

Duke does have some size so I could actually see the 3 Amigos (Stef, Stewie, Kiah) on court at times tonight. The nice thing with that lineup is that Stewie could follow Liston outside as needed. Liston is an elite 3-pt shooter and at 6'1" she can get her shot off against most guards and wings. Meanwhile Kiah and Stef stay on EW and the (also) 6'3" Haley Peters, who is actually Duke's leading rebounder on a per-game and per-minute basis.

Hi MIKE: am hoping and thinking that Stokes has made a permanent turn of the corner......good shot that she'll
"rise up" tonight in more ways than one. Eager to see the Jefferson/Banks duo as well in this particular game.

HGN

Reaction Score
Will Stokes be the "X Factor Again" , I surely hope so. With her size , skill set , and coaching received , she could be the X -Y-and Z Factor if she is motivated. But don't forget Geno said that he has been disappointed in the practices of Stokes over the past week. So hopefully she plays well enough to get extended time in the game. She has the skills , its whether she has the desire come game time. Lets all hope she does because she is needed.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing her start. You can see how demoralizing it is for the opponent attempting to score only to run into a Stokes-Dolson wall resulting in a travel or blocked shot.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Will Stokes be the "X Factor Again" , I surely hope so. With her size , skill set , and coaching received , she could be the X -Y-and Z Factor if she is motivated. But don't forget Geno said that he has been disappointed in the practices of Stokes over the past week. So hopefully she plays well enough to get extended time in the game. She has the skills , its whether she has the desire come game time. Lets all hope she does because she is needed.

*Ouch* - I missed that .....I need to check the horde's coverage more closely. Do you remember which article that was in ? Maybe it's just a little rust from the layoff with the ankle..

Reaction Score
In the event of foul trouble with Step or Stewie, Kiak could become
a very big factor. I like the line up with the option of playing the 3
bigs at the same time. It makes it tough to get easy shots inside. This
puts pressure on the Duke outside shooters. I think we will see lots
of subbing to give KML and Morgan shorter stints on the court.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
*Ouch* - I missed that .....I need to check the horde's coverage more closely. Do you remember which article that was in ? Maybe it's just a little rust from the layoff with the ankle..

HGN and MIKE: I didn't see that either. VERY disappointing, and I'm a little surprised. But I did put "hope" before
"think" in my note above.
I doubt that Coach would have said something like this is it was injury related. You guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom