Will Missouri follow Texas A&M? (Article) | The Boneyard

Will Missouri follow Texas A&M? (Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The coach is right. However, Missouri has a habit of declaring conference invitations in the past that were not offered. So, while they may be the Sects preffered candidate. I am not taking their word for it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Don't show that article to Nelson. It totally contradicts everything he's been posting, which isn't a surprise.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
I said this before, Mizzou has been waiting for a phone call from Jim Delaney for quite a while now. Mizzou would be crazy not to go to the SEC. But somehow, someway, I can see them getting suckered to stay in the Big 12. If they do stay, then they deserve whatever fate hands them.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Missouri declines an offer from the SEC it won't be because they want to remain in the B-12, it will be because they believe that an invitation to the B1G will come a few years down the road.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Mizzou also believed that they were going to get a call from Jim Delaney last year but the phone never rang.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Don't show that article to Nelson. It totally contradicts everything he's been posting, which isn't a surprise.

Enlighten me. How does this contradict everything I have been posting?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You've stated repeatedly that Missouri has signed on to stay in the Big12.

Got it. It doesn't contradict EVERYTHING I said, but you thought you would try a drive by shot like this. Fine.

I think Missouri will. That seems like the smart move for them and their program, but I don't have perfect information. You seem to think I am somehow responsible if they don't.

I think there will be a lot of leaks over the next week or two that Big 12 negotiations are falling apart. Just because someone reports that doesn't mean all the schools are bolting for other leagues.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just because someone reports that doesn't mean all the schools are bolting for other leagues.

It doesn't mean they're staying, either.

zls44

Reaction Score
Tremendous insight. None of us were aware that expansion had not be resolved yet.

You really think the Big East should be circling the wagons? It's over. It's a factual assessment. It's as asinine as you dismissing the importance of Pitt and Syracuse football (which reads like you're trying to talk yourself into it, knowing, deep down, that you're totally wrong) because they can be replaced by UCF and ECU. No, actually, they can't. They're pathetic ideas. The only option is to leave. Period.

"The ship be sinking", as one man once put it.

Reaction Score
You really think the Big East should be circling the wagons? It's over. It's a factual assessment. It's as asinine as you dismissing the importance of Pitt and Syracuse football (which reads like you're trying to talk yourself into it, knowing, deep down, that you're totally wrong) because they can be replaced by UCF and ECU. No, actually, they can't. They're pathetic ideas. The only option is to leave. Period.

Dude, you don't get it. Missouri won't go anywhere because of litigation. Just like Texas A&M isn't going anywhere because of "litigation".:)

He's been dead wrong on everything thus far.

The Big East as we know it at least, is toast. There is no circling of the wagons. There aren't enough wagons left to make a circle.

Reaction Score
well there is litigation on one side, and the risk of being left out of the realignment on the other. i think it is obvious that if Mizzou has an SEC invitation as is widely held, and they choose to stay in the big 12, that it is because they have assurances from delaney (maybe even a letter of intent) that they will be invited to the B1G sometime not too far down the road. no way a school like mizzou would risk being w/out a chair when the music stops.

zls44

Reaction Score
Litigation doesn't change the fact that Baylor would be out of the BCS. They MIGHT get a payday, but their program would be C-USA everafter. The money, winning in court, those things do nothing to change that. The recruiting, enthusiasm, and quality of their football program would fall off the map.

Reaction Score
Litigation doesn't change the fact that Baylor would be out of the BCS. They MIGHT get a payday, but their program would be C-USA everafter. The money, winning in court, those things do nothing to change that. The recruiting, enthusiasm, and quality of their football program would fall off the map.

Again being sarcastic. But one thing our boy has been seeing is that nobody is at risk of losing BCS AQ status because of "litigation".

As most people know, when the SWC died and the lucky chosen ones merged with the Big 8, there were some schools left out. This happens. This is probably what happens to UConn when Big East football effectively dies, and we are leftover with Rutgers and Co.

At this point we might be better off just joining CUSA for football. How ironic. I hope it doesn't get to that.

Reaction Score
Again being sarcastic. But one thing our boy has been seeing is that nobody is at risk of losing BCS AQ status because of "litigation".

As most people know, when the SWC died and the lucky chosen ones merged with the Big 8, there were some schools left out. This happens. This is probably what happens to UConn when Big East football effectively dies, and we are leftover with Rutgers and Co.

At this point we might be better off just joining CUSA for football. How ironic. I hope it doesn't get to that.
Not true. Have to wait on Mizzou right now. If they stay in the 12, which they very well may, the SEC does nothing for a year. Looks like BYU is going to be #10 in the 12. Fits right in because they just signed their own tier 3 deal with ESPN, the BYU network. OK is starting up the Sooner network. Everyone in the 12 is going to have their own tier 3 rights network. What's not to love? Mizzou could be next, or they could force a deal with LHN to share some of the proceeds. And wait for Delaney to call in 2014. Everything shakes out in 2014. TV contracts expire. BCS contract expires. Everything. All we need is for things to calm. If it happens this way, WVA and Cards stay put. Uconn stays put. Some additions follow, right now looking like service academies for football only. No one touches the AQ bid. So, let's wait on Mizzou.

Reaction Score
I wrote that assuming worst case.

Mike Slive already said the SEC will do nothing for a year, but word out of the Big 12 is that they want to be twelve, so even if they add BYU then they will look for at least two assuming Mizzou stays put.

Assuming Mizzou stays put, then a year from now does the SEC open it's doors and bring in WVU? Or do they raid the ACC? Either it's bogus to assume that the SEC will remain at 13 for its enduring set.

Even if the SEC passes on WVU, but takes an ACC school, the ACC will refill with more Big East.

The long term prospects of the football side of Big East are as dim as can be. And if it has a future, it's probably a post-apocalyptic one that we don't even want to picture.

Service Academies for football only? That's a total loser course of action.

Reaction Score
I wrote that assuming worst case.

Mike Slive already said the SEC will do nothing for a year, but word out of the Big 12 is that they want to be twelve, so even if they add BYU then they will look for at least two assuming Mizzou stays put.

Assuming Mizzou stays put, then a year from now does the SEC open it's doors and bring in WVU? [meh..] Or do they raid the ACC? [Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!] Either way it's bogus to assume that the SEC will remain at 13 for its enduring set.

Even if the SEC passes on WVU, but takes an ACC school, the ACC will refill with more Big East. MAYBE. IF THE BE SCHOOLS SEE THE LIGHT AND HANG ON TOGETHER, THE SEC RAID OF THE ACC COULD CRIPPLE THEM.

The long term prospects of the football side of Big East are as dim as can be. And if it has a future, it's probably a post-apocalyptic one that we don't even want to picture.

Service Academies for football only? That's a total loser course of action. NOT FROM THE STANDPOINT OF BCS POLITICS. ALONG WITH HOUSTON AND UCF.

Reaction Score
If Uconn and RU go to the ACC, FSU and Clemson will jump ship. What will that do to nACC football?

Reaction Score

You are basing your whole argument on wishful thinking. Hope is not a method. It's better to deal with the realities. The reality is that everyone wants out of this boat. And their are nicer boats out there that will need more passengers soon.

Reaction Score
If Uconn and RU go to the ACC, FSU and Clemson will jump ship. What will that do to nACC football?

It would go down a few ticks, but they won't lose a BCS bid. You really think the BCS will write off Miami and Virginia Tech?

Reaction Score
It would go down a few ticks, but they won't lose a BCS bid. You really think the BCS will write off Miami and Virginia Tech?
Nope. But it won't be better football than a properly re-constituted Big East. Listen, if everyone wants to go to the ACC, I won't object. Just stating my preference. Strong preference. I hope everyone comes to their senses, and agrees to stay together. Maybe not possible.

Reaction Score
Nope. But it won't be better football than a properly re-constituted Big East. Listen, if everyone wants to go to the ACC, I won't object. Just stating my preference. Strong preference. I hope everyone comes to their senses, and agrees to stay together. Maybe not possible.

I really can't agree with that. You believe a BE with teams like UCF and Houston and WV and Louisville is as strong in football as a league with UNC, GT, Miami, Clemson in it? I just can't agree with that. USF, UConn are like Maryland, BC, NC St, I can see that. But... the ACC is stronger football wise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Getting into the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 is NOT ONE OF OUR CHOICES, especially if we follow your idiotic advice which is to keep begging. I have lots of experience in selling companies. You have none. I have rarely seen "begging" actually work as a sales strategy for a business.

The raid in 2003 was much bigger hit to the Big East than this one. So far more serious that only someone who was a pup like you at the time wouldn't recognize that. Miami was Big East football, and despite Syracuse and UConn having recent National Championships, the basketball league had no depth and was the 3rd or 4th best of the majors, if that. The difference between now and then is that back in 2003 the 5 football schools circled the wagons and ended up building a very strong conference.

If you can find a single post where I recommend adding UCF or ECU, please provide the link. Otherwise, stop putting words in my mouth because it proves that you have no argument.

I get that you think UConn is finished and will suck and we are all stupid for continuing to be fans of the university's teams. If you really feel this way, then go become a Pitt or Syracuse fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom