Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's an interview with Will Jackson, uploaded a couple of days before he committed. No mention of UConn, but at least it pertains to the thread:

Reaction Score
I hope you realize the APR is a ridiculous thing and the reason we didn't get around this ridiculous rule lies at the feet of Jeff Hathaway and not Calhoun. We basically didn't have a compliance staff because Hathaway had no clue what he was doing, it's a miracle we won a title in 2011 despite having Hathaway.

It's not only that, but he disregards everything that happened around the Miles case. The fact is, he committed to UConn before he met Nochimson. When UConn learned of that relationship, they immediately notified the NCAA about it in a letter (published in the Hartford Courant). This was a full 2 years before the investigation. They sent letters to both Nochimson and Miles to end the relationship. It's likely the NCAA even found out about that relationship through UConn itself. At the end of the day, his receiving a paid-for surgery (why Nochimson had to pay for it is a question because didn't Miles qualify for medicaid?) is no different than agent Jay Williams handing $25k in cash to a Duke recruit, or Corey Maggette getting cash from Myron Piggie). But Strummer and Gavid ignore all this.

Not to mention the whole ridiculous APR thing which has been mentioned 1000x before.

Reaction Score
It's not only that, but he disregards everything that happened around the Miles case. The fact is, he committed to UConn before he met Nochimson. When UConn learned of that relationship, they immediately notified the NCAA about it in a letter (published in the Hartford Courant). This was a full 2 years before the investigation. They sent letters to both Nochimson and Miles to end the relationship. It's likely the NCAA even found out about that relationship through UConn itself. At the end of the day, his receiving a paid-for surgery (why Nochimson had to pay for it is a question because didn't Miles qualify for medicaid?) is no different than agent Jay Williams handing $25k in cash to a Duke recruit, or Corey Maggette getting cash from Myron Piggie). But Strummer and Gavid ignore all this.

Not to mention the whole ridiculous APR thing which has been mentioned 1000x before.
Thanks for laying that out, honestly I didn't have the energy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what's more comical...

You feeling like you "gotta jump in" or that you believe you can "defend the truth"

What's the truth?

I'm too drunk to guess but know sure as sh-it that you have no clue either.
With these words of wisdom, we should all be drinking what you are drinking.

Lot of preaching going on. The hijacking was based on KO having good Christian values which should avoid character pitfalls in recruiting. As if coaches have the opportunity to examine the moral character of players when they go to gyms or talk to coaches.

To take your elegant drunken proclamation one step further, I'm still trying to get my head around the concept of human fallibility when those subscribing to this philosophy present their point of view with such absolute certainty. My guess is that many of us fall into this trap. But it strikes me as contradictory when a faith underpinned with humility has advocates who are all knowing. Me thinks a plank in our eyes is often over looked.

Anyways, after watching this thread tank, I, for one, am thrilled Will Jackson avoids social media!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc