Will it be unanimous? | The Boneyard

Will it be unanimous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Yes, I was being facetious. But those voters who have been ranking UConn #2 for all these weeks should be feeling pretty stupid right about now. I mean, do they even watch Women's basketball games? Maybe it's time to get some new so-called experts to do the team rankings.

I was kidding, but I still wouldn't be surprised if one disgruntled voter doesn't vote UConn #1.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Princeton - undefeated and unchallenged!!!:rolleyes:
(Silly question j66)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Maybe a fluffheaded poller will point to the brain-dead RPI for picking Baylor #1. After all UConn was only #8 in the ReallyPatheticIndex before tonight's game and likely won't be much higher tomorrow, so it's hard to give a first place vote to a team with that kind of poor credential. Tonight's win should keep UConn in the top 10 of the RPI for a little while though, so that's real nice.

Reaction Score
I'm going to say it won't be unanimous. UConn will have almost all of the votes, but I think there will still be a few straggler votes that go to South Carolina, Baylor, and ND.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Stanford. They Beat UConn.
If you want a rematch move to the Pac12. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm going to say it won't be unanimous. UConn will have almost all of the votes, but I think there will still be a few straggler votes that go to South Carolina, Baylor, and ND.
Yup, some redneck that doesn't get cable and can't read a newspaper will vote "other".

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I personally think you are all nuts. Of course it will be unanimous. Anyone voting otherwise would be holding themselves up as an idiot.

Prior to tonight's game, if I was a voter, I would probably have voted South Carolina #1 - not because I thought they were better than UConn but because, with the Stanford loss and them having no losses against a decent schedule, they deserved it.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what the pollsters say; the WCBB world, last night, said a collective "Oh Crap"...

HGN

Reaction Score
The game wasn't even close at the end. Geno showed mercy and cleared his bench. After total domination of USC..............There is but one #1 , and that is UConn. No if , and , or buts.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And UConn is now up to #6 in the RealPoorIndex, though still well behind USCar and of course UTenn. At this rate, maybe the Huskies have a chance for a #1 seed if the Selection Committee gives them a break. And maybe the Coaches Poll will give them some love.

Reaction Score
The coaches poll is out. It's unanimous. It's about time. And why Stanford is still rated 19th after 2 losses including a loss to Arizona is beyond me.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The coaches poll is out. It's unanimous. It's about time. And why Stanford is still rated 19th after 2 losses including a loss to Arizona is beyond me.
Ultimately, folks can't have it both ways. Someone above said the pollsters are "reactive" not thinking. True to an extent. But if you think about Stanford's body of work - they are trending downward, but just as UConn had the USC game to "position" themselves, Stanford has 2 games against Cal coming up in a couple of weeks. Its why Texas took a while to fall out, Georgia is trending heavily down, etc.

I think dropping 5 spots for a bad loss is probably about what you expect (the ASU loss wasn't "bad").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom