Will Geno Not Get Credit For The Wins? | The Boneyard

Will Geno Not Get Credit For The Wins?

Reaction Score
While obviously Geno's health and the team's success are most important, does Geno having to sit out also mean that Tara increases her lead from 4 to 6 wins on the all-time win total list assuming everything goes as expected (i.e., CD would get credit for the wins, not Geno) the next two games?

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
While obviously Geno's health and the team's success are most important, does Geno having to sit out also mean that Tara increases her lead from 4 to 6 wins on the all-time win total list assuming everything goes as expected (i.e., CD would get credits for the wins, not Geno) the next two games?
Geno will get credit for the wins, so Tara will not increase her lead on Geno because he misses two games.

Reaction Score
I think TVV took a year off from Stanford to coach the olympic team. Did she get credit for Stanford's wins that year? This would be interesting to know.

Reaction Score
I think TVV took a year off from Stanford to coach the olympic team. Did she get credit for Stanford's wins that year? This would be interesting to know.
Tara Vanderveer's overall coaching record does not include Stanford's wins and losses from the '95-'96 season, when she took a year away to focus on her duties as head coach of the USNWT.

Sylvia Hatchell, on the other hand, stepped away from her head coaching duties at North Carolina for the 2013-14 season for health reasons related to her treatment for luekemia, and was credited with that season's wins and losses.

Reaction Score
I believe Geno did not get credit the couple times he was suspended for disciplinary reasons. The one time that keeps coming up is when he scheduled (and played) too many games. But the suspension I remember (around ~2000 or 2001? Svetlana was here) is when he was pissed at Cathy Inglese at Boston College, and we beat the crap out of them in a nasty game. The UConn administration suspended him for one game for his post-game comment, "That's what you get when he mix bad players with bad refs."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom