Wichita State is a AAC member. | The Boneyard

Wichita State is a AAC member.

Reaction Score
Having the precedent of 1 sport programs in AAC is good for those clamoring for a return to the BE in non-football sports

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The cement is almost dry.

Reaction Score
Having the precedent of 1 sport programs in AAC is good for those clamoring for a return to the BE in non-football sports
WSU is in the AAC for all sports, no?

Reaction Score
Wichita State Welcome Teleconference - Commissioner Mike Aresco

He thanks Susan Herbst.

Reaction Score
A few years back, the 1 sport ship set sail in the AAC when the USNA rang the bell. Some individuals may not have heard that bell or soon forgot, but purportedly Wichita State may now shock some people by participating in a few to several sports.

Reaction Score
This is a great addition to the conference.

If we just stole Marquette or Xavier from the Big East everyone would be celebrating, Wichita State is just as good as both of those schools if not better and yes it does help recruiting for the entire league.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You simply can't make this up. This is our doing?!
It is. We got c*ckblocked from the ACC, the B12 got cold feet and there's too many ins and outs to make the BE work. So, as long as we're stuck here for another 5 years or more, why not improve the competition on the basketball side of things.

Reaction Score
I can't see how anyone can view this addition as anything but a positive for Uconn. The AAC added quality basketball, which helps everyone's RPI, w/o having to bring in bad football along with it. Its a win win. If Uconn has to ride out the storm in The AAC for a few more years, I'd rather do it in a better version of the league.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this honestly deserves its own thread. You have to admire Aresco's attitude regarding our conference. As much as everyone hates it here he's committed to making it the best it can be. I really liked this quote:

I think during the Big 12 [expansion]. Everybody sort of assumed they were going to expand. We had a number of schools that expressed interest in us as a result of that. Everybody in conferences that were perceived to be below us wanted to be with us. Many of our members threw their hats into the Big 12 ring because of the money and the prestige. I didn't have any animosity toward them at all for doing that. I think that's why our conference is in pretty good shape now, because no one ever took that personally. You can't.

What a professional way to handle that entire situation. If the AAC fails it won't be because Aresco didn't try his best to make it succeed. Aresco earned some points in my book with this article.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My favorite Aresco quote. Emphasis added.

You always have to be thinking about it because you never know. Four or five years ago we were blindsided a few times, and everybody thought stability had returned and the landscape was going to be level for a while. But I think if there's going to be more realignment at this level, and there probably will be—it's probably going to occur when some of the [television] deals start running out in mid-2020s. So yes, you're always thinking about realignment.

Reaction Score
My favorite Aresco quote. Emphasis added.

You always have to be thinking about it because you never know. Four or five years ago we were blindsided a few times, and everybody thought stability had returned and the landscape was going to be level for a while. But I think if there's going to be more realignment at this level, and there probably will be—it's probably going to occur when some of the [television] deals start running out in mid-2020s. So yes, you're always thinking about realignment.
Right. Get football back to its respectable level, get basketball back to its dominant level, and make Geno a cyborg, and I think we're fine then. That's a long way off, though, and we have to be competitive to dominant for a while.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Also, we will finally get to find out if "The Wichita Lineman is still on the line".

Glen Campbell says so. That's good enough for me. First place I ever saw a funnel cloud, or remember seeing one anyway.

Reaction Score
Right. Get football back to its respectable level, get basketball back to its dominant level, and make Geno a cyborg, and I think we're fine then. That's a long way off, though, and we have to be competitive to dominant for a while.
...or a gohla!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom