Why weaken future potential conference members? | The Boneyard

Why weaken future potential conference members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If in fact the goal of the BCS conferences is to go to 16 teams and the consensus is that there are a handful of programs that could or would be added to the various conferences why wait?

The BCS conferences ACC, B1G, SEC for self serving financial reasons have a vested interest in keeping teams they may be considering strong to maximize future income potential. To allow teams to flounder for years and potentially become weaker by being in a non AQ conference does not seem to make economic sense. This questions applies to all prospective teams not just Uconn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any collusion to go to 4x16. The B1G looks pretty stable at 12. Same for the P12, unless Texas joins on the league's terms. The SEC will go to 14 at least. Only the ACC has mentioned 16, but only as a possibility.

There are a few big programs that would definitely push the number to 16. Most would just add depth and make scheduling easier. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I don't think there is collusion as well but all the talk has been 16 team super conferences.

Reaction Score
Sometimes "conventional wisdom" is heavy on "conventional" and light on the "wisdom".

Reaction Score
The major conferences will only go to 16 if it makes economic sense.

If their TV package does not increase enough then they will stay at 12 or 14.

The ACC could add Uconn and Rutgers tomorrow but won't unless they get enough TV dollars more for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom