Why we will be in the ACC within two years or less | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why we will be in the ACC within two years or less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the first assumption is that there will be 4 super conferences of 16. i don't know that is inevitable. Pac 12 is happy at 12. if they don't grow to 16, the other conferences may be happy at 12 or 14. i hope you are right. i worry that you are not...

Under the old paradigm, they stay at 12 or 14. Under the new paradigm, they all go to 16. You can't look at whether a team's market will be accretive to a conference anymore. It's a different paradigm. At 16, they cut the NCAA out of basketball and create their own championship, they ringfence the other teams out of football too. ESPN, now that they don't have to pay 80 or 90 schools with TV money anymore, tops off each league.

I hope you all are catching people like Boeheim and Calhoun referencing the prospect of a basketball tourney without AQs from small conferences. While they hope it's not going to happen, it certainly has been talked about.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It may be over more quickly than that. If Mizzou turns down the SEC and the XII is staying together except for the Aggies, the SEC needs a 14th. I'm not sure who it will be, but it will come for the SEC. At which point we become the next option.
This is what is happening. The Big 12 now has a formal TV rights sharing agreement, and Mizzou has comitted to the league. The Big 12 will try to add at least one, to replace A&M, possibly 3. BYU is listed as the first choice, but actually, the first choice is Arkansas. If Arkansas is willing to switch, it's a perfect trade, each school and league agrees there will be no lawsuits. If they want to stay in SEC, the dominoes fall. Either way, the Big 12 is going nowhere. They could come after TCU, WVU or Louisville. I think it is unlikely they move east, and more likely they go for Colorado State or New Mexico.

Best for the Huskies is the SEC needs a 14th, and takes either FSU, VT or NC State. Then we can go to the ACC without foreclosing a move on ND. I'd still prefer the Big 10, but don't expect an invite.

Reaction Score
This is what is happening. The Big 12 now has a formal TV rights sharing agreement, and Mizzou has comitted to the league. The Big 12 will try to add at least one, to replace A&M, possibly 3. BYU is listed as the first choice, but actually, the first choice is Arkansas. If Arkansas is willing to switch, it's a perfect trade, each school and league agrees there will be no lawsuits. If they want to stay in SEC, the dominoes fall. Either way, the Big 12 is going nowhere. They could come after TCU, WVU or Louisville. I think it is unlikely they move east, and more likely they go for Colorado State or New Mexico.

Best for the Huskies is the SEC needs a 14th, and takes either FSU, VT or NC State. Then we can go to the ACC without foreclosing a move on ND. I'd still prefer the Big 10, but don't expect an invite.

Missouri has signed the dotted line?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Are you sure of this? According to Neinas (interim B-12 commissioner) yesterday they are still working on an agreement (although he did try to spin it as if this was nothing). There still is a good amount of time (and concessions) needed before this is done.

Reaction Score

Don't agree. I don't believe the tv rights agreement has been signed. The Big Ten is a horrible fit for us. The only thing holding the Big Twelve together is the fact that its members have no place to go right now. Missouri will take the next train out. Unfortunately the ACC is the only good option right now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Big-12 identified 5 expansion candidates:

The SEC approved the commissioner to talk with 2 candidates: Missouri and WVU

>> The Big 12, in the wake of Tuesday’s decision by the PAC-12 not to invite Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, isn’t just looking to strengthen and heal itself from within.

Now a nine-team league after recent defections by Nebraska, Colorado and Texas A&M, Big 12 presidents, according to ESPN’s Andy Katz, will consider strengthening their numbers through the expansion process.

According to ESPN.com, the three likely candidates for Big 12 expansion are BYU, currently independent, and Big East members Louisville and West Virginia. Those three schools, along with Arkansas and Pittsburghwere Big 12 candidates to replace Texas A&M. Arkansas chose to remain in the SEC, while Pittsburgh left the Big East for the ACC last week.

"The Big 12 is moving toward stabilization," one Big 12 athletic director told ESPN Wednesday afternoon. <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom