Why the tea leaves portend UConn and BC to the big 10 | The Boneyard

Why the tea leaves portend UConn and BC to the big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This tweet by blaudschun, read by a rational reader, would seem to be an innocuous insinuation that any bad blood that BC had for UConn for past actions would not be an obstacle to UConn's admission to the ACC.

mark blaudschun @blauds nothing until its a done deal. but ADs at UConn and BC are both michigan men

But realignment is not rational.

With that premise, Delaney's statement that the Big 10 is in "two regions" and is not a nat'l conference makes sense if that region is the northeast and the midwest. He is freezing out the ACC from the northeast. Penn State adequately subsumes Pitt's influence in Penn. Rutgers alone won't do it for NY. Certainly not New England, especially with SU uo north and UConn to the east. But add Rutgers, Penn State, BC, UConn and MD and you have clse to Paterno's eastern conference.

The poster UConnMoney, who posted that cryptic " major change for UConn this week" last week is from Lima, Peru. Wallace Loh, the Maryland President was raised in Lima. He claimed his info came from a source in Lima.

Anyways, I'd rather believe in this scenario than having to play memphis as a rivalry football game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was just thinking about that 'UConnMoney' post last week. Wonder if that was legitimate information?

In any event New England's population is around 15M. With UConn and Boston College you would have to figure the B1G Network would be on from New England, New York, Philly, DC, Baltimore and all the way out to Minnesota.

In other words, who the hell knows.

Reaction Score
This tweet by blaudschun, read by a rational reader, would seem to be an innocuous insinuation that any bad blood that BC had for UConn for past actions would not be an obstacle to UConn's admission to the ACC.

But realignment is not rational.

With that premise, Delaney's statement that the Big 10 is in "two regions" and is not a nat'l conference makes sense if that region is the northeast and the midwest. He is freezing out the ACC from the northeast. Penn State adequately subsumes Pitt's influence in Penn. Rutgers alone won't do it for NY. Certainly not New England, especially with SU uo north and UConn to the east. But add Rutgers, Penn State, BC, UConn and MD and you have clse to Paterno's eastern conference.

The poster UConnMoney, who posted that cryptic " major change for UConn this week" last week is from Lima, Peru. Wallace Loh, the Maryland President was raised in Lima. He claimed his info came from a source in Lima.

Anyways, I'd rather believe in this scenario than having to play memphis as a rivalry football game.

might have written this 20 times today...i'd kill for the b1g. litteraly would lead the charge from Danbury to that rest stop on the Parkway off 287 after the Tappen Zee bridge if the continuous state thing pops up. AAU thing? I heard Calhoun is a good coach that is available. Let's just start an AAU bball team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn travelled fairly well to Michigan when we played there. I did my fair share of politicking with Michigan fans that day but looked foolish when we lost 30-10. I believe I heard more "next time send your girl's basketball team" comments walking out of the Big House than at any other away game that I've been to.

Reaction Score
BC is not a fit for the Big 1G. Small, Catholic school with no market presence. Not a major research school.

Reaction Score
also why would jay paterno just randomly throw uconn into the mix? We must have been on the radar while Joepa was around right?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Let's play some what-if: what if the B1G invited Syracuse and UConn? Wraps up the entire northeast (UConn reaches to parts of Boston) and keeps their continuous states model that they like so much.

Reaction Score
I wrote to one of my doctors who is a UM grad to help us get into the B1G. Just couldn't resist. He's looking forward to the game at the Rent too.

Reaction Score
I thought of the UConn, BC to the B1G thing since it was first reported they were looking at UMD, RU. It would make a lot of sense and real You to ND.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing UConn is has a shot to be invited to the Big Ten, but still hoping for it cause I'm a fan and that's all I can do. BC on the other hand, I would be really shocked if the Big Ten went for them. The reaction to MD/RU has been that those schools are too small as far as football program / stadium, and UConn / BC are even more so, with less of a recruiting territory. At UConn brings bball, BC only brings hockey which is not going to be a factor.

I think Delaney is saving a seat for ND even though they went to the ACC. If I were him I'd bide my time, try to get two of Texas/Oklahoma/Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Syracuse withdrew a few years ago from the AAU before they were kicked out, like Nebraska was. Really can't see Big 1G adding Syracuse. If the Big 1G goes to 16, the candidates are, in order: ND, Texas, UNC, UVA, GT, Kansas, Duke, UConn, Pitt.

Reaction Score
I was just thinking about that 'UConnMoney' post last week. Wonder if that was legitimate information?

In any event New England's population is around 15M. With UConn and Boston College you would have to figure the B1G Network would be on from New England, New York, Philly, DC, Baltimore and all the way out to Minnesota.

In other words, who the hell knows.

I looked at UconnMoney's post - he posted that note then left and never came back. His profile says the last time he has been on was the day he posted that. Where are you UconnMoney?!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I looked at UconnMoney's post - he posted that note then left and never came back. His profile says the last time he has been on was the day he posted that. Where are you UconnMoney?!
Does this mean he's the new Maker's Muppet?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Probably someone who posts under a different name but didn't want to make that post under his own handle because (1) he didn't want it to affect his credibility if it was wrong or (2) his credibility already sucks so he thought people would just disregard it.

Reaction Score
Blaudschun is still well-connected with his golf buddy Calhoun. He put out a fairly gratuitous tweet. No link to his blog. No follow-up. Blaudschun earlier wrote that he had many stories he couldn't tell. Maybe this is one of them.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I sure hope UConn is working some back channels to the B1G. All you have to do is search the internet for the following general opinions from ACC fans:

1) Louisville football is as good as Alabama and LSU. Always has been and always will be.
2) UConn plays football in a high school gym. Louisville plays at the Big House South.
3) UConn basketball is dead and will never win another game. Louisville basketball is led by a young up and comer named Pitino and will be Final 4 material for decades to come.
4) UConn football stinks and the coaching staff will be here forever to ensure that UConn football will never be good again. Charlie Strong meanwhile would NEVER accept a vacant SEC job if offered.
5) Nobody in CT watches UConn but everybody in the country watches Louisville.
6) If UConn is invited to the ACC, FSU, Clemson, VT, and Miami will all bolt the next day. If Louisville is invited, the ACC is the greatest football conference ever.

On a related note, if I was Warde Manuel, I'd start sending out press reports that UConn will be expanding the Rent to 70,000 and firing P and GDL tomorrow to hire Nick Saban.

Reaction Score
If I thought the movement was even close to done I would want UConn to go to the ACC, but I think the ACC is terrified that they are next on the chopping block after everyone has picked apart the Big East. Going to the Big Ten means that UConn wouldn't have to worry anymore and that is more important than the glamorous basketball matchups that going to the ACC would create.

Reaction Score
If we get into the B1G - we should change the name of The Boneyard to UConn Money

By the way, can't we trace his/her IP just like the FBI did with Patraeus' girl?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's connecting a lot of dots.
Speaking of which, did anyone see the graphic posted by HFD showing conference school locations?

Reaction Score
If I thought the movement was even close to done I would want UConn to go to the ACC, but I think the ACC is terrified that they are next on the chopping block after everyone has picked apart the Big East. Going to the Big Ten means that UConn wouldn't have to worry anymore and that is more important than the glamorous basketball matchups that going to the ACC would create.

While this is true, if an ACC invite came, we would have to immediately accept. The Big East is a complete .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom