Why Temple Might Give UConn A Treat This Halloween | The Boneyard

Why Temple Might Give UConn A Treat This Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of college football fans across the country probably haven’t even heard of the American Athletic Conference. Those who are aware of its existence probably don’t pay much attention to it. And can anyone really blame them? Let’s face it: The American is not the Big East. The American is not the home of Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Boston College, Miami, or Virginia Tech. The American is not a power conference.

But on Saturday night, the nationally televised, prime time game on ABC matches #9 Notre Dame with #21 Temple. …Wait, what? Temple is in the top 25? It sure is, and...

http://the-boneyard.com/blog/why-temple-might-give-uconn-a-treat-this-halloween/

Reaction Score
Lots of college football fans across the country probably haven’t even heard of the American Athletic Conference. Those who are aware of its existence probably don’t pay much attention to it. And can anyone really blame them? Let’s face it: The American is not the Big East. The American is not the home of Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Boston College, Miami, or Virginia Tech. The American is not a power conference.

But on Saturday night, the nationally televised, prime time game on ABC matches #9 Notre Dame with #21 Temple. …Wait, what? Temple is in the top 25? It sure is, and...

http://the-boneyard.com/blog/why-temple-might-give-uconn-a-treat-this-halloween/

Huh? The AAC has had night games on ABC. This is not a new thing. UConn too!

Reaction Score
Got news for you: Screw Temple. I may be in the minority. Here's my reasons why:
-Uncle & Godfather is an N.D. Alumnus-He's in bad health & I don't want this game to be his tipping point
-Have a long memory: When I was was a student in Storrs, Temple came to town. Will never forgive either Temple or their former coach Wayne Hardin for calling time out at the goal line instead of taking victory formation so they could pad the score to 30-0. Classless.

Reaction Score
Tough to say, but have to pull for Temple tonight. Added bonus is you get to watch a CT player Matakevich make plays all over the field.

Would be nice to pull an upset over Houston or Temple to become bowl eligible.

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for Temple. Mostly I want playoff disruption. If ND was undefeated I might be pulling for them. Would love to see two major conferences shut out. Then we go to 8 and access for an AAC team is WAY more plausible.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have a hard time rooting for Temple, even thought I hate ND. Remember them running up the score when Dan O was a freshman and we were down to about 6 healthy starters at the end of the year. Garbage internet fan base, also.

Reaction Score
I am pulling for temple. With a win today it will send them higher into the rankings, and setup a monster game against Memphis. Another high profile game for the AAC would be great to see as well as maybe a second chance for UCONN to play against a rank team

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm assuming all the top AAC teams will knock each other off and end up with at least a couple of losses. We will see how long they stay ranked once they lose a game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
A win by Temple tonight will make our win over them even sweeter.

^^^ This.

The best way to make a young rivalry a big rivalry is to play against an undefeated team with big aspirations, and then slap an L on them! I hope Temple is undefeated when we punch them in #$king mouth in the city of brotherly love...

Reaction Score
As I said previously, we will match up well against Temple and we might just go bowling. First and only order of business is pound the Green Wave.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A win by Temple tonight will make our win over them even sweeter.
I like the way you think. The AAC beating a top ten Irish team? What not to like about that? Besides being the team that knocks Temple out a college football playoff spot probably mean Diaco buys a new trophy, which is always nice.
upload_2015-10-31_12-18-31.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only way I could ever root for Notre Dame is if they were playing ISIS or something.
Beat me to it.

I was going to post that if ND were facing off against ISIS, Boko Haram, Nazi Germany or Mussolini's Fascists, I would firmly be rooting for ND, anyone else and I would prefer to see them lose.

Reaction Score
I'm a Notre Dame football fan, which is unpopular on this forum. Grew up in the 80's watching them and continued, I never drop teams I rooted for when I was a kid. Hope the Irish win by 50. Don't give a crap about AAC or temple.

Reaction Score
I'm a Notre Dame football fan, which is unpopular on this forum. Grew up in the 80's watching them and continued, I never drop teams I rooted for when I was a kid. Hope the Irish win by 50. Don't give a crap about AAC or temple.

Do you give crap about UConn?

Reaction Score
Yes, Uconn didn't have a football team that I knew of when I lived there. I know it's hard to some beleive, but I root for uconn basketball and football and Notre Dame football. Didn't start following uconn football until 10 years ago. I watch almost every game now. I started following uconn men in 89, I do not miss a game, have the sports pack on directv and get sny.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How much longer before Temple passes us in CR?

Hate ND but if Temple keeps winning doesn't that seem like it would ultimately F us?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
How much longer before Temple passes us in CR?

Hate ND but if Temple keeps winning doesn't that seem like it would ultimately F us?
No. Because conferences are myopic enough to focus on one or two fluke season in lieu of 1000 reasons why they aren't as attractive as Uconn

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No. Because conferences are myopic enough to focus on one or two fluke season in lieu of 1000 reasons why they aren't as attractive as Uconn

Rule 1 of CR though? Haha.

I keep thinking back to rooting for Louisville in the Big East and the fact that if they stayed bad, we'd be in the ACC. Granted Ville actually has a football history and very good athletic department, but push comes to shove, they were hot in football at the perfect time and we weren't.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
^^^ This.

The best way to make a young rivalry a big rivalry is to play against an undefeated team with big aspirations, and then slap an L on them! I hope Temple is undefeated when we punch them in #$king mouth in the city of brotherly love...
Dan now thats not nice!!! i was thinking of kicking them in the junk after we put their mouths on the curb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom