Why not change the bowl money splits? | The Boneyard

Why not change the bowl money splits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My understanding is all the bowl money is split up evenly right?

As incentive to stay why not give the BCS Bowl participant 50% of their bowl money?

That's at least 8.5 million right?

I think that's quite an incentive seeing that any Big East team that joins another confetence has a much tougher time getting to a BCS game. Don't know if any conference lets the BCS team keep as much or all the bowl money.

Time to be creative.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Because then Pitt and Syracuse (and Rutgers too) would get even less money. They need the even split of revenue since they will never actually make the BCS bowl.:p

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I do think the BCS money needs to be restructured... but the BCS money is almost small change compared to what these TV contracts mean.

Reaction Score
I like Sportsart idea with one edit. I'd subtract the unsold ticket allocation from the BCS participant's 50% share and spread the balance among the league. That's incentivising.

Reaction Score
My understanding is all the bowl money is split up evenly right?

As incentive to stay why not give the BCS Bowl participant 50% of their bowl money?

That's at least 8.5 million right?

No. All the bowl revenue goes into a pot, but the higher you finished in the Big East standings the bigger serving out of the pot you get.

I think that's quite an incentive seeing that any Big East team that joins another confetence has a much tougher time getting to a BCS game. Don't know if any conference lets the BCS team keep as much or all the bowl money.

Time to be creative.

Reaction Score
Maybe if you gave ND all the BCS money for say 10 years they would join the Big East for football. How's that for creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom