Why Joey Calcaterra thinks fellow California native Aidan Mahaney will be ‘great addition’ for UConn (Borges) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Joey Calcaterra thinks fellow California native Aidan Mahaney will be ‘great addition’ for UConn (Borges)

Reaction Score
The way-below-average announcers on the WCC telecasts mispronounced Aidan's name regularly. Hayden Mahoney, Adrian Mahanney, and worse butcherings.

That was one of the first things I did when I signed onto SMC's forum the same day Aidan signed to play there... A-I-D-A-N M-A-H-A-N-E-Y. Told 'em, watch out for this guy, he can PLAY!

Of course, he wasn't nearly as well-known as he is now, so I don't have to do that stuff here. :)

Reaction Score
The way-below-average announcers on the WCC telecasts mispronounced Aidan's name regularly. Hayden Mahoney, Adrian Mahanney, and worse butcherings.

That was one of the first things I did when I signed onto SMC's forum the same day Aidan signed to play there... A-I-D-A-N M-A-H-A-N-E-Y. Told 'em, watch out for this guy, he can PLAY!

Of course, he wasn't nearly as well-known as he is now, so I don't have to do that stuff here. :)
Are you going to back me up when I admonish posters on here who spell Mahaney's name "Aiden"?

You weren't here but all season we had posters who misspelled Tristen Newton as "Tristan", Samson Johnson as "Sampson" and Cam Spencer as "Spenser". So it's a running joke now on the board. I'm not happy that Mahaney spells his name Aidan so now I have to deal with that. :)

Reaction Score
Even with my history of watching Aidan since he was a HS freshman... I've never heard a nickname. I think his HS coach and teammates just called him "A".
If he gets a nickname, it’ll come from Hurley, the staff, or the team . I’m really not sure if Boneyard nicknames become officially recognized nicknames.
The Boneyard will come up with one. It'll be bad!

The Boneyard will be the actual team nickname but will continue to the one it created instead...

Someone one on the 'yard still calls Isaiah Whaley "Squirrel"!

Reaction Score
I wondered if Joey made contact w/Mahaney since they are both from the East Bay area and supposedly played AAU ball together. I bet that they talked some about coming to UConn and what to expect.

Reaction Score
Last year a lot of people spelled Tristen with an "A" and now lots of people will be spelling Aidan with an "E". Couldn't Mahaney just go with Aiden so we could just stick with "Es" and not be so confused?
Aiden Mahoney may be cause for further confusion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom