Why is this the Wesley Watt Lounge? | The Boneyard

Why is this the Wesley Watt Lounge?

Reaction Score
Most of the time we just go past the name under the header on this message board, Wesley Watt. Not everyone knows about Wes. It is hard to believe it has been over 20 year since Wes passed.

Who was Wes? He was one of us. Big UConn football fan. Loved to tailgate. Never missed a spring game. He always brought a collection of beers, usually from foreign countries, and the occasional tall blonde Hooker (Ale, that is). He was a kind, soft-spoken man but his eyes always had an energy and there was a subtle, playful smile that danced behind his lips.

Unlike many of us, he was universally liked. He is still missed.

As the Boneyard ages we have lost a lot folks. And even though we argue and name call, it remains a community for folks who care enough to know the name of every UConn offensive lineman and dumb enough to think its important. Anyway, Wes loved UConn football which makes the space below the header a perfect place for the name of a truly fine person.

Reaction Score
Met Wes under the jumbotron at one of the early Spring games. Was the first time I met any 'Yarders in person. Pal, UConn Bill, Waquoit, & Pudge were also there if I recall. Wes had a wonderful personality & was very knowledgeable of Husky football. Was shocked when his brother posted on the Yard that he had passed. Hadn't known that he had been battling disease for some time.
Pal, you're right, he's STILL missed.

Reaction Score
I never met him, yet I do miss him. I'd wonder what he would thought about the Big12 rumor this summer. I guess he is looking down and is smiling at Jim Mora and UConn football...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is sad but it also is endearing that we do remember and pay tribute.

Wes has been gone for a while. Pudge passed more recently and is also missed. Especially that we now have a former UCLA head coach running our football team.

May they both rest in peace and may their memories live on.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It is sad but it also is endearing that we do remember and pay tribute.

Wes has been gone for a while. Pudge passed more recently and is also missed. Especially that we now have a former UCLA head coach running our football team.

May they both rest in peace and may their memories live on.
Here, here as having met both of them and knowing their love for UConn football they would be thrilled with the direction of this team under Coach Mora.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I met Wes once, I believe 2005 at halftime of a game where a meet and greet from an earlier iteration of the Boneyard advertised the get together.

I met Pudge about four years later at a tailgate. Spoke with him for a while but didn't find out he was a Boneyarder (one I thought highly of at that) until the middle of the following week.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's one of the irony's of Tim's passing. He was always pumped about UConn FB but these days he would have been in his glory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom